PDA

View Full Version : Keeley Lake

Roger1661
08-17-2016, 08:56 PM
Has anybody been to keeley in the last week.
Last time up is was algae laden, virtually unfishable.

doyle hansen
08-17-2016, 10:53 PM
A buddy of mine just returned from the lake .... fished from Monday to Wednesday .... he indicated the following:

-- not a lot of walleyes .... the walleyes they caught were small ... 1 to 2 pounds...biggest pike was ten pounds ... and was lot of severe thunder storms which limited their fishing time

-- bloom was still on the lake .... and his word not mine ... every cast your line was "snot green" ....

-- we were there 5 years ago ... ironically on the same dates .... fishing was incredible ... pike to 14 pounds and walleyes to three pounds ..

-- bloom fishing in Pigeon never stops the bite ... I think it is better ... water seems like it is dusk for the walleyes all the time ...keeley should be just fine ..

-- like any lake you have to know the spots ... just ask Wes when you get up there ... he will put your boat in the right direction

cheers doyle

have a great trip ... be sure to report your fishing trip ....

Roger1661
08-18-2016, 06:30 AM
Thanks.. I have numerous GPS spots marked and have fished for quite a few years there both summer and winter but never have seen algae as it was 2 weeks ago...just didn't want to go back until it clears. Maybe the colder weather will clean it up a bit as it is a great spot.

Rage.0
08-18-2016, 03:00 PM
Lots of bloom on the lake, like the last guy said, small walleye, some decent ones up to 4lbs. Heard reports of a 12lber the day we got there but didn't verify it. The north side was free of algae, pike fishing was better there too.

Cruiser
08-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Has anybody been to keeley in the last week.
Last time up is was algae laden, virtually unfishable.

Was in Keeley Lake in July... weather was hit and miss with wind and rain... but fishing was still good. Spent a little less time on the water due to weather but still had a great time.
Biggest pike was 19 lbs and biggest walleye was 6.5 lbs.
Good luck up there and have fun.