View Full Version : Bait Cloud / Oh Ya Baby

dodger
08-27-2016, 07:11 PM
https://www.baitcloud.com/

Check this out. Ice fishing anyone ??

Dodger.

Dewey Cox
08-27-2016, 08:24 PM
I thought you can't use bait unless its attached to a hook?
Or am I imagining that rule?

pinelakeperch
08-27-2016, 08:35 PM
I thought you can't use bait unless its attached to a hook?
Or am I imagining that rule?

You're most certainly right. I believe this would be similar to "seeding" which is unlawful.

dodger
08-28-2016, 07:54 AM
Just havin fun guys. It amazes me the stuff they come up with for fishing.

Dodger.

Crankbait
08-28-2016, 10:13 AM
wow, if a pike hit that thing would the pike explode or just become a really interesting buoy?

mikefromcanmore
08-28-2016, 10:49 AM
Neat idea who came up with this ?I checked out the on line site,and have seen them here in Alberta .Not legal to use ,but you can sell them.Just like fireworks.Here's a thought can they make one as a noise maker WITHOUT scent ,like a rattle trap.Would a non scented one be legal for icefishing?

TROLLER
08-28-2016, 01:49 PM
If they are not really a bait per se I cannot see how they would be illegal. What is the difference between the bait cloud and the guy who sprays something on his hook

pinelakeperch
08-28-2016, 02:43 PM
If they are not really a bait per se I cannot see how they would be illegal. What is the difference between the bait cloud and the guy who sprays something on his hook

You cannot attract fish using anything unless it is attached to the hook

EZM
08-28-2016, 02:51 PM
Most products out there are designed to catch fishermen .......... not fish .......... looks cool - I wonder if it really works.

Definitely illegal here in Alberta.

pinelakeperch
08-28-2016, 03:08 PM
Most products out there are designed to catch fishermen .......... not fish .......... looks cool - I wonder if it really works.

Definitely illegal here in Alberta.

I'm certainly no biologist, but I would guess that it would attract the attention of fish. Can't imagine it would have much of an affect on enticing them to bite.

dodger
08-28-2016, 04:54 PM
"But officer it was on my hook"! I was just about to "bait up" again. :fighting0074:

Dodger.

Wes_G
08-28-2016, 08:14 PM
If it is putting any kind of scent in the water then it would be considered bait, and since its not attached to your hook or even applied to it like the stuff that you would spray on, it would be illegal.

EZM
08-28-2016, 09:06 PM
well ........ you are allowed to use two lines under the ice ..........

I'm sure they couldn't prosecute you if you used that bait ball on one line (attached to your hook) while fishing your other line conventionally.

cube
08-29-2016, 09:41 AM
Even if it was legal to use I'm not sure that what are lakes require is throwing tons of acid and salt in them.

Could imagine they could also give one a ticket for littering or polluting if the chumming was not enough.

huntsfurfish
08-29-2016, 11:05 AM
If I remember correctly, this idea was incorporated to a lure a while back.

Had some. nothing special.

They eventually fizzled.:)

Stinky Buffalo
08-29-2016, 01:59 PM
If I remember correctly, this idea was incorporated to a lure a while back.

Had some. nothing special.

They eventually fizzled.:)

*groan*