PDA

View Full Version : Twin Valley Reservoir

MatchBoi
08-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Hello, I am thinking about going to Twin Valley Reservoir to fish for some pike either Monday or Tuesday. I was just wondering if someone could tell me the status of the lake? Is the lake good? Has anyone been there lately? I read that there is some Algea at that lake and I am wondering if the fish are still safe to eat if I catch any.

also, any 'hotspots' from shore? (I will not be bringing my boat)

And if anyone has a better lake for pike (Max 1 and a half hour drive) then feel free to post the lakes name.

Bemoredog
08-31-2016, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't bother. I was there two weeks ago and the bloom was in full swing. Very weedy. Most pike are quite small as folks take the big ones. You can eat fish from algae lakes, but how they might taste is another matter and I can't provide any info on that aspect.

MatchBoi
08-31-2016, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't bother. I was there two weeks ago and the bloom was in full swing. Very weedy. Most pike are quite small as folks take the big ones. You can eat fish from algae lakes, but how they might taste is another matter and I can't provide any info on that aspect.

I went there 2 days ago and I found a pretty good spot. Caught 5 pike all 63cm above. We let them back though.