PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota Endura Max 45 vs. Newport Vessels NV 55

newscientist
08-29-2016, 10:53 AM
The Newport 55lb is on sale on Amazon for just $130. Seems like a great deal. But I am not sure it will be good on battery like the Endura Max one. My boat is a 3 person inflatable so nothing huge, but the motor power makes a big deference in speed as it will be the main motor, not just for trolling. Here is the link for the Newport motor http://goo.gl/NXCy8q
What do you guys think? I guess I value the speed over battery life. Anyone has experience with those Newports

cube
08-29-2016, 03:10 PM
I would not get the Newport.

Stinky Buffalo
08-29-2016, 03:23 PM
NewScientist, I'll PM you later with some info I received from Newport regarding battery life.

It's arguable whether the thrust difference will make much of a difference in speed.

I have the 55lb MK Traxis for my 4-person inflatable and I appreciated the extra thrust when out in choppy conditions. Battery life was quite acceptable so far too.

cube
08-29-2016, 03:30 PM
NewScientist, I'll PM you later with some info I received from Newport regarding battery life.

It's arguable whether the thrust difference will make much of a difference in speed.

I have the 55lb MK Traxis for my 4-person inflatable and I appreciated the extra thrust when out in choppy conditions. Battery life was quite acceptable so far too.

The Traxis has a built in Maximizer while I'm pretty sure that Newport does not. This will make a large difference in battery life unless you always have the motor at 100%.

newscientist
08-31-2016, 10:50 AM
I ended up ordering the Newport motor. It will arrive in about 3 weeks. Will let you guys know if I like it or not

Stinky Buffalo
08-31-2016, 10:58 AM
The Traxis has a built in Maximizer while I'm pretty sure that Newport does not. This will make a large difference in battery life unless you always have the motor at 100%.

The Newport folks explained to me that they had a kind of technology that was easier on batteries (i.e. it did not burn off /waste the extra power at low speeds) than a traditional trolling motor would.

The Maximizer uses a different method, although the Newport folks couldn't explain it to me. I believe that it implements a kind of pulse-width modulation.

newscientist
08-31-2016, 12:49 PM
That sounds good. They never mention this though in their website while Minn Kota is making a huge deal of their maximizer. People report that this 55lb motor works for 6-8 hours on one deep cycle marine battery which indicates some form of power saving. Will have to test it myself, but no doubt it was a great deal for the money even without any power saving (comparing to the Endura C2 55lb which is almost $300)

Penner
08-31-2016, 03:04 PM
I have a Traxis 45lbs with the maximize. 5km full throttle and can troll for the better part of the day with 1 deep cycle pushing a 14ft aluminum.

leoevans0002
09-18-2016, 11:54 PM
I think the Newport 55lb and the Endura Max one both are good choice in different boat. Its mainly defends on boat size and batteries.Newport 55lbs battery capacity of 12 volts,speeds: 5 Forward and 3 Reverse and maximum thrust: 55Lb. If it is perfect for you then choice otherwise not. If you learn what trolling motor is your right choice, you can read this useful article (http://trollingpowersolution.com/best-trolling-motor/). It is a complete guideline for choosing right trolling motor.

cube
09-19-2016, 09:41 AM
I think the Newport 55lb and the Endura Max one both are good choice in different boat. Its mainly defends on boat size and batteries.Newport 55lbs battery capacity of 12 volts,speeds: 5 Forward and 3 Reverse and maximum thrust: 55Lb. If it is perfect for you then choice otherwise not. If you learn what trolling motor is your right choice, you can read this useful article (http://trollingpowersolution.com/best-trolling-motor/). It is a complete guideline for choosing right trolling motor.

The reviews in "this useful article." are a joke. All get over 4-4.5 stars no matter what! Waste of time.

TROLLER
09-19-2016, 02:47 PM
The Newport 55lb is on sale on Amazon for just $130. Seems like a great deal. But I am not sure it will be good on battery like the Endura Max one. My boat is a 3 person inflatable so nothing huge, but the motor power makes a big deference in speed as it will be the main motor, not just for trolling. Here is the link for the Newport motor http://goo.gl/NXCy8q
What do you guys think? I guess I value the speed over battery life. Anyone has experience with those Newports

Check kijiji there are a few new Minn Kota's on there at decent price.