PDA

View Full Version : utikuma

fish4fun
03-18-2009, 08:55 AM
just wondering if anybody here is familar with this body of water leaving tommorow, going for the weekend will post pics on monday if i can find something heard alot of good things about this lake but need a few helpful hints such as conditions,where to start,and where to set up camp:confused:

lensgarage
03-18-2009, 12:33 PM
I have heard that the best access is by machine, we are going next friday for the week end and staying at a camp 20 kms from there. If I remember mile 88 is the best to get on and there is usually spots cleared out by now for wall tents. Straight out by the island usually is productive and south along the shore in 8 to 10 feet is also good. Let me know how you do please and how the access is. Thanks good luck

hogsmoker
03-18-2009, 08:48 PM
I was there this past weekend if you go off on 86 turn-off you could drive for about 500 yards off shore and that will be about it, you won't make it to the island with a truck. I have some buddies that are camped there right now and they are using sleds to get around the lake. Talked to them today and they said it is very windy/snowing and fishing was average. They did catch some perch, but nothing for size.

Good Luck

Shmag
03-19-2009, 09:19 AM
There is 2 turn-offs with lake access, that i know of. 1 is on km 80 and then you have about a 4-5km drive to the lake from there. The grader may not of graded the last 1-2km of that road. But if there is a truck trail from there most people i have seen camp at the end of this road. The island is about 5km away from this shoreline. I am guessing that it would be ski-doo only from there.

The other one is on km 86, where you have about a 4-500 yard drive off the highway. I also heard there is a service rig doing work on this shoreline well. So vehicles may not be allowed past this well. Most guy's without ski-doo's are walking on about 3-500 yards from the shoreline and fishing in this bay.

Utikima is the most hit/miss lake i have ever fished. One day it could be great fishing and next time it's like fishing a dried up slough.

Good luck!!!