PDA

View Full Version : Nsr

Landlocked_Newfie
08-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Water still very high at Goldbar boat launch. Gate is locked.

neilsledder
08-29-2016, 02:15 PM
Was down at the Devon launch Friday. Was really high. Lots of silt on the ramp I would be scared of getting stuck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSR_RAT
08-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Anyone been out fishing the river lately with the high, dirty conditions? If so what methods have been working to catch for you? I've never had good luck with these types of conditions, I spend more time cleaning the end of the line off of weeds and other garbage then fishing.

Mitchthefisher
08-29-2016, 02:21 PM
:sign0161:Anyone been out fishing the river lately with the high, dirty conditions? If so what methods have been working to catch for you? I've never had good luck with these types of conditions, I spend more time cleaning the end of the line off of weeds and other garbage then fishing.

Went out the day it was at it's highest and caught a few fish pretty much jigging my Sturgeon rig off shore in like 7 feet of water lol. Have not been back since, there was so much junk getting caught up on the line etc...not worth it for one or two fish.

Red Bullets
08-29-2016, 03:10 PM
A good place to fish during high water is in the creek mouths where clear creek water is entering the dirty river water. The edge of the dirty and clean water is where to pull your lure thru or put your bait. Fish love these edges.

I remember trying to fish the main channel of the dirty river water with bait when the river was up 6 feet and aside from debris clogging my line all I caught were small river chub.