PDA

View Full Version : Federal Fusions jamming in chamber?

tikkataker
09-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Has anyone ever come across this before....?

I have shot my 30.06 a handful of times shooting Federal game kings with no issue load and extracting. However, I had a box of fusions that i was going to use but I fired one shell and it was stuck in the chamber. The bolt handle would go up, but i could not pull it back to extract the fired shell. Even tapping it and such it wouldn't budge. I ended up using a cleaning rod to push the bolt back and it came out with the shell. I don't recall it being over tight to push the bolt down when i loaded the shell though...

Maybe this is why the box is half of other loads?

Khuntcb
09-01-2016, 12:01 PM
I was about to post this : have a new Tikka T3 in .30-06, looking to break it in for this season (primarily deer, but ready for elk) - thought I'd start a discussion on anyone's experience (good or bad) with different ammunition in this rifle.
I also have purchased the Fed Fusion - ??
Look forward to your input :thinking-006:

tikkataker
09-01-2016, 12:11 PM
I have shot fusions in 150 through my .270 tikka...no issue what so ever. accurate, and has the killing power for sure. Might be a bad batch...not sure. I dont really want to try another if i get the same issue. I will have to see how hard it is to lock down the bolt if a load another...if its to tough i wont.

Barnes ammuntion is pricey, but have heard many great things about it. I shoot game kings and they are just fine for deer and moose

Dick284
09-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Rusty chamber perhaps?

Did you try any other loads on the day in question?

tikkataker
09-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Federal game kings were no problem. Ill have to give it a good clean and see what happens

Dick284
09-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Federal game kings were no problem. Ill have to give it a good clean and see what happens

There's your answer.
Don't shoot the Fusions....for what ever reason the are not entirely comparable with your rifle.