PDA

View Full Version : Whitemud Creek

Angler
09-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Believe it or not never fished there before, that's lovely lil river. I wish i discovered that spot earlier. Went there after work, in little more than hour change location a few times and caught 1 jack.

Here is a small video.

Please enjoy!

https://youtu.be/TYRx8DQ7eI0

ddddd05
09-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Nice!

I have fished the mouth, but I never thought there'd be fish up the creek like where you are.

cube
09-07-2016, 09:24 AM
Nice!

I have fished the mouth, but I never thought there'd be fish up the creek like where you are.

Most years there is not enough water coming down stream after spring to worry about fishing to far up the creek.

Mudslide
09-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Off topic, but does anyone know if there is any actual white mud in white mud creek? I'm always looking for interesting stuff to put in the kiln.
Thanks
Mud

Red Bullets
09-07-2016, 11:43 PM
Off topic, but does anyone know if there is any actual white mud in white mud creek? I'm always looking for interesting stuff to put in the kiln.
Thanks
Mud

I do believe there is clay and muds suitable in the area. The Palliser expedition in the 1850's named the creek for the white mud that settled out of the ice age Lake Edmonton.

By Calmar/Leduc/Devon, SW of the whitemud..if you dig down a couple feet there is some really nice clay worthy of any kiln. The area was the bottom of the glacial lake.

Mudslide
09-08-2016, 10:19 AM
I do believe there is clay and muds suitable in the area. The Palliser expedition in the 1850's named the creek for the white mud that settled out of the ice age Lake Edmonton.

By Calmar/Leduc/Devon, SW of the whitemud..if you dig down a couple feet there is some really nice clay worthy of any kiln. The area was the bottom of the glacial lake.

Thanks Red. Much appreciated.

Pike4Dayzz
10-08-2016, 10:11 AM
I have the best luck farther up, I have pulled out monsters earlier in the summer

TROLLER
10-08-2016, 10:46 AM
I have the best luck farther up, I have pulled out monsters earlier in the summer

Well there goes a good spot that you used to enjoy.