PDA

View Full Version : Spray Lake

rellum
03-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Just wondering if anybody has been up to Spray Lake and what the fishing/conditions are like?

Thank you in advance for your feedback

nicemustang
03-19-2009, 12:11 PM
No, but I'm sure ice conditions are still great. Too cold up there to melt yet.

I am actually planning on taking tomorrow off and going, still trying to find out for sure if I can.

kostianych
03-19-2009, 12:56 PM
hi NM, please don`t forget to post results :))))

SuCraM
03-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Was just there yesterday with jts1 and we all got skunked. Was fishing in about 30 to 40 feet of water and only had a few nibbles between the 3 of us. We tried everything. Worms, shrimp, smelts. I think the nibbles were rockies as it was very light but no takers. A group north of us caught one but that was it. Very slow day but still nice to get out in the mountains. Ice is still very good at about 23 inches.

kostianych
03-19-2009, 01:14 PM
thanks for information :) probably next weekend will give a try :)

nicemustang
03-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Was just there yesterday with jts1 and we all got skunked. Was fishing in about 30 to 40 feet of water and only had a few nibbles between the 3 of us. We tried everything. Worms, shrimp, smelts. I think the nibbles were rockies as it was very light but no takers. A group north of us caught one but that was it. Very slow day but still nice to get out in the mountains. Ice is still very good at about 23 inches.

You problem is your WAAAY to shallow if you want to catch any lakers and too deep to catch rockies. Pretty sure I can get tomorrow off, if anyone wants a lesson I will be in my normal spot. Will post details if I'm 100% able to go.

SuCraM
03-19-2009, 02:52 PM
You problem is your WAAAY to shallow if you want to catch any lakers and too deep to catch rockies. Pretty sure I can get tomorrow off, if anyone wants a lesson I will be in my normal spot. Will post details if I'm 100% able to go.
Thanks for the tips nicemustang. Wish I could join ya but have to work :( Hope to see you at the next get together for the open water season.

nicemustang
03-19-2009, 04:45 PM
I am going for sure tomorrow.

WalleyeDeitz
03-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Stang, let me know if your hitting Spray Lakes next weekend, I would love to get a couple of those pointers you are offering up though I cant get out of work tomorrow.

Thanks and good luck.