PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever fish in veradero cuba?

seahawkfisher
03-19-2009, 03:46 PM
i'll be out there for the first week of april and want to hit the flats; anybody have any experience out there who could point me in the direction of a good charter?

seahawkfisher
03-23-2009, 05:03 PM
what? no one here has fished in cuba?

hal53
03-23-2009, 05:04 PM
yup, PM me.....

Off in the Bushes
03-23-2009, 06:07 PM
I have, and we just booked for the hotel, it was major windy that day so they said they would not take us out in the ocean due to the 10-12 ft waves, but they would take us in the bay where it was not so windy. What a mistake the fishing was terrible out of 6 boats we where the only boat that caught a fish and we only caught one.
They called it a King Fish looked like a small baracuda.
Hope this helps.

hal53
03-23-2009, 06:15 PM
I have, and we just booked for the hotel, it was major windy that day so they said they would not take us out in the ocean due to the 10-12 ft waves, but they would take us in the bay where it was not so windy. What a mistake the fishing was terrible out of 6 boats we where the only boat that caught a fish and we only caught one.
They called it a King Fish looked like a small baracuda.
Hope this helps.
exactly...for a communist country...the fishing guys got this stuff figured out..... ( capitalism)

Chet
03-24-2009, 07:01 AM
I've fished in Cuba several times but not out of Varadero. I don't think there is too much for flats in that area but there is probably some decent deep sea opportunities there. This is the outfit I usually go with and they are pretty good: http://www.avalonfishingcenter.com/

gube
03-24-2009, 08:38 AM
i'll be out there for the first week of april and want to hit the flats; anybody have any experience out there who could point me in the direction of a good charter?

I'll also be there in the first week of April. Hoping to do some fishing as well.

Kingfisher
03-24-2009, 11:08 AM
I am the same as Chet. I have also fished in Cuba but not in the Varadaro area. I've fished east of there in Cayo Coco which has tons of flats and lots of bonefish and tarpon.

Here is a link to a Cuba fishing forum. Maybe you can dig up some information from them on the Varadaro area. http://www.cubamania.com/cuba/showthread.php?threadid=15336

One tip for you Cuba travelers. DO NOT buy cigars from vendors on the street. They will be cheap. But they will also be cheaply made. Most times it's crap that they scrape together to make the cigars. Also don't buy them in your hotel either. Buy them at the duty free shops in the airport. They are legit cigars for the best price.

Good luck and have fun out there.

seahawkfisher
03-24-2009, 09:28 PM
thanks for the intel guys; only 5 more sleeps
cheers