PDA

View Full Version : Carburn Park Ponds

Bemoredog
09-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Rumour has it that at one point in time there were fish here. I've heard trout were stocked ages ago but also pike found their way in.

Had a couple hours to kill tonight so I checked it out. Made a few casts into the small, southern most pond. Nothing. Spent about an hour fan casting up the east side of the middle pond. Nothing. Lots of beavers though.

Anyone else ever catch anything here? Mostly just curious.

DiabeticKripple
09-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Caught the odd pike in there when I was a lot younger. Not much else in there I don't think

JareS
09-08-2016, 10:01 AM
I've only caught the odd very tiny pike last few years I've been

the local angler
09-08-2016, 04:40 PM
i remember fishing there when they first built it, then they discovered perch in there so i fished it regularly. ice fishing was the best cause you can find them easier and had fun with them even though they were tiny but enough to kill some time. caught the odd rainbow that was pan size. i have heard there is pike but never really targeted them.

DougC
09-08-2016, 07:52 PM
The first two lakes have the odd small pike and I saw a dead perch on shore at the second lake a couple weeks ago. The third lake was the gem and had some big pike and trout before it got washed out in 2013. The problem with Carburn is that virtually everything that gets caught gets taken home so the populations are extremely low.

dsoucy
09-08-2016, 08:12 PM
I fished there a lot when I was young.....first there was rainbow and maby the odd brown .......there was a story that the city drained the lake to 5 feet and found a 15 pound drown trout that's when they re stalked the rainbows to feed on the perch. As soon as people found out there there was rainbows back they were fished out. The pike lasted for about 5 years. I have personally released a 5 pounder that I got at the north end of the Second pond. Unfortunately when the fishing was hot ........there was 100s of people there taking everything home......wish they would put more fish in there I would like to bring my kid there to get her hooked on fishing like my dad did 20 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Bemoredog
09-09-2016, 08:18 AM
Yea, it's too bad. Be very cool if they rebuilt the third pond and stocked it with trout, made it C&R only. Be a nice little addition to the city's list of recreational opportunities.

hairygrump
09-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Someone pulled a huge pike out of the just before the flood in 2013, i don't think there's been anything there after that.

Lazy Fisherguy
09-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Don't waste your time there.... you're just a few steps away from the Bow River.... lots of fish if you how to catch them...

Big Sky
09-11-2016, 07:38 PM
The pond's would be a great place to take a kid to fish.
Kids and families only.
Adults can go to the river.