PDA

View Full Version : Firearms classification, lineage.

Trochu
09-12-2016, 03:09 PM
This is what I feel about the AR-15 being restricted due to its military lineage.

"There are three categories of automobiles for purposes of Canadian law:

non-restricted,[1]
restricted, and
prohibited.

This fact sheet identifies which automobiles are restricted or prohibited, as set out in the Criminal Code and the Criminal Code Regulations. Some automobiles are classified on the bases of their physical characteristics, such as tire size and clearance; others are specified by make and model.

Non-restricted firearms are any car, truck, or SUV that are neither restricted nor prohibited. Most common passenger vehicles are non-restricted, but there are a few exceptions, as indicated in this fact sheet.

Definition of a Restricted Automobile

According to the Criminal Code, a restricted automobile is:

a jeep that is not a prohibited vehicle;
a truck or SUV with a lift of length less than 470 mm (18.5 inches) that is not prohibited;
a SUV or truck that can increase its overall clearance by mechanical, or some other means, to less than 150 mm (6 inches);
any vehicle prescribed as restricted (including most Jeeps).

Vehicles Prescribed as Restricted

This list of restricted vehicles specified in the December 1, 1998 Criminal Code regulations includes all vehicles that have been restricted by a former Order in Council.

• The vehicles of the designs commonly known as the off-road, trail, boulder crawler, and any variants or modified versions of them.

• The vehicle of the design commonly known as the Jeep, and any variant or modified version of it, including the:

Jeep Wrangler;
Jeep CJ;
Jeep Cherokee;
Jeep Grande Cherokee;
Jeep Renegade;
Jeep Patriot;
Jeep Compass;and,
Jeep Comanche."

Mhunter51
09-12-2016, 03:31 PM
You forgot to take your meds today ????

Grizzly Adams
09-12-2016, 03:36 PM
If you're trying to put logic into Canadian firearm laws, you're wasting your time, there just isn't any.

Grizz

teledogs
09-12-2016, 03:57 PM
I work for the government. Removing logic makes things more understandable.

urban rednek
09-12-2016, 06:13 PM
They can have my Jeeps when they can pry the keys from from cold, dead fingers.
:budo: