PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake March 19

Kelly & Beth
03-20-2009, 10:01 AM
We spent about hour and half fishing. I got 2 whites using the fake maggots. Not a bad day for me, on the other hand Kelly got a bit wet and skunked. The first white spit the hook out right at the top of the hole so kelly dove in and grabbed it. Wet up to the elbow. Second was a perfect land and it was a big white fish.(top in the pic)
Beth
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/KellyandBeth/whitefishmarch19002.jpg

HotHook
03-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Kelly & Beth.
Congrats on a couple of nice whites.What are they,three pounders?
Sorry to hear that you got wet going down the hole to retrieve your fish.
Word of advice when the fish comes off the hook in the hole.
Put your hand in the water and swirl it around very fast.The fish feels the movement of water,thinks he is swimming against the current and swims up to the top of your hole.
No more getting your clothes soaked.Works every time!!!
Cheers
HotHook

allenford
03-20-2009, 11:03 AM
We spent about hour and half fishing. I got 2 whites using the fake maggots. Not a bad day for me, on the other hand Kelly got a bit wet and skunked. The first white spit the hook out right at the top of the hole so kelly dove in and grabbed it. Wet up to the elbow. Second was a perfect land and it was a big white fish.(top in the pic)
Beth
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/KellyandBeth/whitefishmarch19002.jpg

Congrats! where did you fish? I am not asking honey holes but a general direction, brownlows? summerside? wilson?

Guy Incognito
03-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Nice fish! I was hoping foo that yesterday. To answer your question, we went in from Summerside. Moved around a few times once on the ice. Still can't believe the thickness of the ice!

Guy

theduke
03-20-2009, 11:23 AM
kelly & beth how is the ice are lots of ppl still driving on it

goober
03-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Good work, nice fish!!

Kelly & Beth
03-20-2009, 11:59 AM
WE were at summerside as well. Lots of ice about 40". No problem, with driving on it. Kelly just about didnt make it through the ice (no extension) I got those two within 15 mins.

We heard an auger just going to town around 11:30. Might of been you Guy. WE were in a white dodge diesel, black ice cube shack
Beth

allenford
03-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Nice fish! I was hoping foo that yesterday. To answer your question, we went in from Summerside. Moved around a few times once on the ice. Still can't believe the thickness of the ice!

Guy

I used to fish around that ridge, but seems not any luck recently...