PDA

View Full Version : Hot Bite on Pigeon Lake Video

taipan
09-13-2016, 12:57 PM
Amazing bite on Pigeon again. Fished the new 2.5" SmartFish tipped with some of your more popular dressings, plastics/minnow/leech. Lots of people tip jig heads with a full minnow, try just a 1/3 of a minnow on a SmartFish when jigging vertically. The rattles are key in this presentation as it draws fish in from 15-20' away and the little piece of minnow triggers them. Met some great people on the water while filming and handed out some samples to some boats and a kayaker around us who immediately started lighting them up! That was the best part of the day for sure..

one of these should work, thanks for watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qS9PrBGGSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qS9PrBGGSY

Dom4
09-13-2016, 03:57 PM
Nice video thanks for posting!

taipan
09-13-2016, 04:49 PM
Thanks Dom4 !

trigger7mm
09-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Is there any particular color that the walleyes seem to prefer day in and day out? If you could only have one color to use, what would it be? Thanks for the advise.

Talking moose
09-13-2016, 07:08 PM
White jig.

trigger7mm
09-13-2016, 08:27 PM
Is there any particular color that the walleyes seem to prefer day in and day out? If you could only have one color to use, what would it be? Thanks for the advise.

What color of Smartfish?

taipan
09-13-2016, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the enquiry. I found that the walleye and glow tiger patterns kinda cover every condition and have produced amazingly. The walleye pattern actually has glow eyes and may have the edge.. Jig it or cast it. The vertical presentation with this bait is deadly, I don't know if you ice fish but try it through the ice it's epic. Thanks so much for asking your question, you can contact me anytime !

Really though best colors are in the eye of the beholder ? Read what Gord Pyzer has to say about it... It's pretty significant

http://www.outdoorcanada.ca/COLOUR_BLIND_WALLEYES

taipan
09-14-2016, 12:22 AM
What do you mean please Jet ? Do you mean can you purchase them In stores the answer is yes, Fishin hole or wholesale sports, or from the website. Let me know if that's what you meant !

Thanks

timsesink
09-14-2016, 08:10 AM
Judging by shirt, video and post ID say this is an unpaid advert. Still a great lure though!

taipan
09-14-2016, 08:35 AM
Hello Jet sorry for misunderstanding your question. I am the owner/inventor of Kamooki lures, a local Alberta based company. I like to share techniques on how to use them from time to time.

clarki
09-14-2016, 12:42 PM
nice vid! I've had great success with these lures on walleye, pike and even some bull trout in the Oldman river

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Cageyc
09-14-2016, 07:15 PM
I'll be at pigeon this week, I will be trying out my new lures then. Will also try at Tobin lake and the Winnipeg river next month.

taipan
09-14-2016, 07:41 PM
I'll be at pigeon this week, I will be trying out my new lures then. Will also try at Tobin lake and the Winnipeg river next month.

Thanks Cageyc I'm excited for you, just work it like in the vid and you'll smoke them. Tip it with 1/3 of a minnow and your laughing. Stretches our your minnow tub 3x.... Let me know how you did !!

cube
09-15-2016, 09:27 AM

You might want to re-think using them at Tobin. Unless you have a truck full of them. One tends to loose a fair bit of tackle at Tobin. Hence why most just lindy rig.

Not saying you can't do it. Just need to be careful, ie make sure your in the old river channel and not getting to close to the bottom.

Angler
09-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Good work!

diamond k
09-16-2016, 12:54 PM
So are you a sponsor?

Why are you so worried about it. Are you a sponsor or a Mod. Chill out dude. your the one who asked him if he was associated not him throwing it around.

Looks like a good product and I will probably go to Wholesale ( a sponsor) and pick up a couple.

Brandonkop
09-16-2016, 01:40 PM
Why are you so worried about it. Are you a sponsor or a Mod. Chill out dude. your the one who asked him if he was associated not him throwing it around.

Looks like a good product and I will probably go to Wholesale ( a sponsor) and pick up a couple.

Well you saw how the original poster avoided the question and went on to reply to others. Jet is just questioning because there are people who actually pay or sponsor the forum to advertise. If you think about it, it's unfair to the others if this guy is advertising his product for free.

Now what he should really do is send me a bucket full, I'll give them a try and make some vids and post them, haha!!!!