PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Tackle

gpguy7
03-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey guys, I have just started tinkering around modifying some crankbaits and stuff. I was just curious if anyone on here makes their own tackle, apart from tying your own flies. I'm more curious in crankbaits and spoons. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Cal
03-20-2009, 03:11 PM
wow, its been awhile since I've tryed building my own lures. I had a huge popper that I carved for pike, it was painted bright orange and my buddies nicknamed it "the carrot", I caught a 21 lb pike out of coal lake on it.
When I was a kid and I had more time and less money I also used to make spoon plugs out of the lids of tin cans, beer bottle cap hooks that that worked on trout, leaders out of broken guitar strings and a sweet little creation I realy should try to market that I call "the jigger bait".
I still build my own ice fishing rods our of old broken rods and have a few well designed home made tipups lying around that I still use, once I figure out how to work my photobucket account I'll post some pictures. This would be a pretty awesome thread if we could get people posting pictures of their homemade gear.

gpguy7
03-20-2009, 04:10 PM
x2 on that cal, i'd like to see what you have rigged up. this thread could be great if some guys would be willing to give us a peek at their homemade weapons.

Able
03-21-2009, 01:55 AM
This past winter I bought Luhr-Tape And experimented with some spoons. I think they will work.

Able
03-21-2009, 02:00 AM
http://C:\Users\staples250\Pictures\2009-03-21\003.JPG