PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops Fishing

Blairh
09-15-2016, 08:29 PM
Headed out to Kamloops for a few days and would like to try and get some fishing in. I guess the salmon are running right now too, wouldn't mind trying for them. Any tips or tricks I can try to catch either trout or salmon in the area?

Thanks!
Blair

Brandonkop
09-15-2016, 08:51 PM
Headed out to Kamloops for a few days and would like to try and get some fishing in. I guess the salmon are running right now too, wouldn't mind trying for them. Any tips or tricks I can try to catch either trout or salmon in the area?

Thanks!
Blair

There are hundreds of lakes with big rainbows and brookies around Kamloops. Around Roche Lake Provincial Park there are many small lakes full of fat trout. As for the river I'm not sure how it fishes.

StupidityKills
09-15-2016, 09:09 PM
South Thompson between kamloops and chase is your best bet for catching a salmon in the river. Banana Island is a popular spot but construction on the highway has made access difficult. The gear of choice seems to be a bar rig with a spin'n glo with fish eggs.

If you have a boat then fishing Little Shuswap at the outlet in the mornings/evenings and in the hole in the middle during the day is your best bet. You'd need a downrigger for the middle.

Here is a local forum with some current reports.

http://www.sharphooks.com/club.aspx?subpage=fishingforum&action=showthread&thread=18798