PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day for the Boats

gramps73
03-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Well when out to the boat this morning and I could hear something that sounded like crying I don't know if was me or the boat...:lol:
SNOW GO AWAY I have had enough of you for one no three years now..
Gramps

pdfish
03-22-2009, 10:33 AM
x2. I just looked at the long term forecast and its gonna be a while yet, granted I would rather trust a a grizzly with numbers spray-painted on his side and a tag in his ear than a weather forecaster. Something tells me that I ain't gonna be able to wait until all the ice is off the river. I guess thats what navigators are for....ICEBERG!! RIGHT AHEAD!!

Bushmaster
03-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Sad Day for the Boats

Oh, I thought you heard I passed my boaters test yesterday !! :D

gramps73
03-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Good to hear Bushmaster, I got mine this year at the boat show.
g

Walleyes
03-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Put in a half day shining mine up last weekend. I catch myself walking over to the back shop about twice a day just to get a glimpse of er,,, am I sick ????

One thing about being in the south I am hoping to get a jump on the boating season should be about 2 - 3 weeks ahead of the north. I know last year the ice just made it off about a week before the long weekend.

I am very happy to see that they leave Newell open to angling all year. Man I can not wait to get out there and toss some top water baits in the shallows for some big post spawn Pike. I mean who really cares if you catch one its a good excuse to be out on the water and in the boat,,, am I sick ????

SNAPFisher
03-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Put in a half day shining mine up last weekend. I catch myself walking over to the back shop about twice a day just to get a glimpse of er,,, am I sick ????

One thing about being in the south I am hoping to get a jump on the boating season should be about 2 - 3 weeks ahead of the north. I know last year the ice just made it off about a week before the long weekend.

I am very happy to see that they leave Newell open to angling all year. Man I can not wait to get out there and toss some top water baits in the shallows for some big post spawn Pike. I mean who really cares if you catch one its a good excuse to be out on the water and in the boat,,, am I sick ????

You are 100% normal. Welcome to "the hell with winter, man I need open water soon!" club.

Cheers!

muley300
03-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I thinking the same I just picked up my new boat yesturday.

pdfish
03-22-2009, 12:53 PM
You are 100% normal. Welcome to "the hell with winter, man I need open water soon!" club.

Cheers!

Do you have group meetings? Where do I join?

elnino54
03-22-2009, 01:29 PM
What did ya get Muley ???

muley300
03-22-2009, 02:08 PM
I got a 14" widebody Legend and a 20hp merc, at the calgary show, now waiting for enough snow to try downhill with it or open water which ever comes first :lol:

Walleyes
03-22-2009, 02:34 PM
I got a 14" widebody Legend and a 20hp merc, at the calgary show, now waiting for enough snow to try downhill with it or open water which ever comes first :lol:

Sounds like a nice set up muley congrats.. A 20hp on a 14' wide body should be a dandy combination. Can't wait to see some pics of of you in it with some nice catches..

gramps73
03-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Muley congrats on the new rig now if the snow goes should be fun on the water.
Walleye keep me informed when Newell opens up.
Well heres to anther day in the snow and the boat still in storage

Cheers
Gramps

Walleyes
03-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Muley congrats on the new rig now if the snow goes should be fun on the water.
Walleye keep me informed when Newell opens up.
Well heres to anther day in the snow and the boat still in storage

Cheers
Gramps

Will do gramps,, would you possibly be interested in some of that action. We may have to try and hook up for a trip if you are into it..

gramps73
03-22-2009, 07:37 PM
PM when the ice is off, your boat or mine?
G

Walleyes
03-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Right on gramps,, we will talk more when the ice is off..