PDA

View Full Version : Wabbamun - Ice or no ice .

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Just curious if there's any ice in town , I phoned around with varying stories , and cant get ahold of the fella at the Marina , might not be in yet as its still a bit early . I know when we were there a few weeks ago , ice was out 200 yards past where we were but with this warm weather and wind I think that would make fast work of that ice . Anyone know , I got the urge to cast a line instead of dropping a hook ... PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only 9 days left :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

fish-man
03-23-2009, 04:09 PM
No ice at the powerplant outlet and a fairly large portion of lake near that opening. Much of the lake is still covered though.

seahawkfisher
03-23-2009, 04:59 PM
as part of the decomissioning, they are turning off the taps from friday afternoon to monday mornings. if you go on a weekend, you may not find any open water; my suggestion - hit her on friday while it's as warm as it can get
cheers

lakerman
03-24-2009, 08:27 PM
couple boats cruising the powerplant area, the firepatrol was out practising life saving techniques cool to watch and ya they walked out and with the quad I was few hundred yards away catching whites and 2 vehicles were out on the ice, saw a 10lber pike caught and released of course, few other guys were fishing the shore but the big girls snapped them off suppossedly

-JR-
03-24-2009, 08:35 PM
I will be heading out to wab hopfully saturday to drill and drop a line and catch a few 20 pounders my self .Maybe see you out there BigBad John.
I will be at the wab sailing club just down the road .

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I will be heading out to wab hopfully saturday to drill and drop a line and catch a few 20 pounders my self .Maybe see you out there BigBad John.
I will be at the wab sailing club just down the road .

I dont think ill be there as ive planned a group meet saturday for Coal lake ... for perch.

steve
03-25-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm going out to Wab tomorrow with the fly rod, will post pics if i get anything.

JohnnyCustom
03-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Gonna poke my nose around Wab as well. Mostly night time as I have a 3 day seminar this weekend.