PDA

View Full Version : Dubai Fishing

troller
03-24-2009, 06:25 AM
I know this may be a long shot but I know some folks here work over seas. Just wondering if anyone has done any fishing in Dubai? Is there fishing in Dubai? I have a business trip there at the first of the month and will have 3 or 4 days to myself :D

Thanks for any info you might have.

spudislander
03-24-2009, 06:55 AM
I've been there 4 times. Never did find any fishing. But I'm sure if you mention it they will build a world class trout river, the seem to build everything else over there. There is lot's of sights to see and the gold souk has some great deals though. Never pay the sticker price for anything.

troller
03-28-2009, 08:12 AM
I've been there 4 times. Never did find any fishing. But I'm sure if you mention it they will build a world class trout river, the seem to build everything else over there. There is lot's of sights to see and the gold souk has some great deals though. Never pay the sticker price for anything.

:lol:, isn't that the truth!! Thanks for the advice. Booked with a company called "Fish Dubai". 8 hours for $550 USD. Not sure if I will be able to handle that kind of heat for that long...but it's worth a try LOL.

lonehunter
03-28-2009, 08:56 AM
June,July & August will be freaking hot with 40+ Celcius with unimaginable humid, but its very nice to visit in winter time, I have fished from shore in near by Town called Sharjah thats about 20KM from Dubai, I know its famous for Whale watching and some shark action

2big4u
03-29-2009, 07:11 AM
I have a cousin who lives there. He sends pictures of some of his catch. Seems to do quite well offshore.

jjstar
03-29-2009, 07:47 AM
I was in the canadian Navy and we had an old sailor who brought his rod over and he would troll during his down time. he never landed anything but he had some nice tuna on. in the end he ran out of line after being spooled. I think you will have fun in something with the right gear and with the ability to chase down the bigger ones. Have fun.

2big4u
03-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Just talked to my cousin. They target King mac, tuna and sun, lots and lots of sun...

Sundancefisher
03-29-2009, 12:24 PM
A poker buddy of mine says they have fishing. He doesn't go but others do. Fishing is hit and miss but better than working any time.

spudislander
03-29-2009, 07:37 PM
I was in the canadian Navy and we had an old sailor who brought his rod over and he would troll during his down time. he never landed anything but he had some nice tuna on. in the end he ran out of line after being spooled. I think you will have fun in something with the right gear and with the ability to chase down the bigger ones. Have fun.

Was that on Charlottetown? We had a Combat Chief on there who had a nice sal****er set up.

jjstar
03-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Nope PO2 cook on the Ottawa in 2001. The guy came home from a 6 month trip and left the wife at home with 2 kids while he then went out fishing for 3 weeks the next day "alone". Nothing like some quality family time. The crazy thing is she is still with him. Must be a rockstar in the sack.....

spudislander
03-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Nope PO2 cook on the Ottawa in 2001. The guy came home from a 6 month trip and left the wife at home with 2 kids while he then went out fishing for 3 weeks the next day "alone". Nothing like some quality family time. The crazy thing is she is still with him. Must be a rockstar in the sack.....

Friggin sailors eh.

troller
04-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Fishing was very slow :(. The weather was awesome, mid to high 20's. The one fellow I took with me caught 1 queenfish and 1 spanish mackerel. Last time I take him with me :lol:

2 Days left here and off to Costa Rica for a week off. Can't wait to get home!