PDA

View Full Version : tipi tents

bigd
03-25-2009, 08:41 PM
anyone here used the Tipi Tents for hunt camp? I'm considering the outfitter model for base camp for myself, maybe one of my buds and my golden retriever...looking for opinions. Thx.

Gunner22a
03-26-2009, 05:44 AM
Built like an old 10 man arctic tent. For the price they are asking get yourself a good wall tent. Nothing works as well in any type of weather. Just take a drive throught the bush in hunting season and look at camps. I've seen literally hundreds of wall tents and not one tipi. That figure should speak for itself.

Good luck which ever way you decide to go.

calgarychef
03-26-2009, 08:02 PM
To each his own and I've heard of some folks who love their tp tent. It seems to me you can't get too close to the walls due to the angle and this of course reduces the useable floor space. They also are made of waterproof material that doesn't breathe, which could create a nice little steam bath.

the chef

bucknaked333
03-27-2009, 06:38 AM
I have a teepee tent kindof, it is 30' across and the walls go 5' straight up then angle to the center. it is huge. It has a hole in the center so you can have a stove or fire it works great and can sleep as many as you want. I just got it last fall and only used it once, and I didn,'t set it up right so the smoke didn't get out right but next time I think it will be a lot easier, I paid $1800 from norasman..

grizzler
03-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Do not buy one. We tried one out last year sheep hunting by back pack. Damn near impossible to have a fire in it with out either burning it down or dying of smoke inhalation. Barely fit two people in it comfortably. Do your self a farvour, and buy a small wall tent.

Hunter Trav
03-27-2009, 09:29 AM
I bought a 2 man from Kifaru, and it is a sweet setup for backpacking. It fits 2 guys pretty good, with some room for gear. The stoves they have are awesome, very light weight, and you can heat the thing up to beyond comfortable temps. Best of all the whole setup only weighs like 3 or 4 lbs. :D

gunman300
03-27-2009, 09:41 AM
I have one and love it. Total weight is around 30 pounds, easily set up by one person in 15 min. Can take a heck of a pounding from wind. Never tried but I heard they don't like snow so much.