PDA

View Full Version : South trout lakes?

jrs
03-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Anyone been out to Beaver Mines, Beauvais, Payne, Crowsnest or the other stocked lakes down that way? Just wondering if there's any fishing better than others right now. Is the ice coming off Payne already or is it still locked up? I'm thinking of heading down there this weekend so running out to some of my old favorites may be worth an afternoon. I'm leaning towards Beaver Mines but have fished all of them with good luck in the past. Anyone been out to any of them? Mostly heading south as i don't think winters ever going to leave in central Alberta this year :tongue2:

bubbasno1
03-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Was at Payne last weekend. Still 12-14" of ice. Bite was steady all day. About 6 inches of flood water by the dam on the south east side.

Bubba

jrs
03-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks bubbasno1, i decided to bail on heading south. May as well enjoy the winter we have left up here. My Dad talked to his buddies and sounds like its been below average out at Crow and Beauvais so he may give Beaver Mines a shot. Thanks for the input on the ice, i may try to come up for the Payne Lake ice out fishing. Always fun.