PDA

View Full Version : No motor lakes near Edmonton?

jpietrzak1979
03-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Well don't know about anyone else but I'm pumped for spring melt so I can get the boat out. However I bought my first boat last fall and I notice how difficult it is to do some serious fishing with a great deal of horse powered maniacs zipping by you every five minutes generating enough noise and waves to irritate me and probably the fish.
I was wondering if anyone knows of any motor ban lakes or electric motor lakes near to edmonton that has good fishing.
On a side note every time I hit jackfish lake somehow I hear a story of someone pulling off a massive huge jack from there. When I go I only see tiny snappers, any good advice, do they hang out in the big fish only section I'm not aware of?

happy perch fisher
03-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Lol basically no chance of a big jack coming out of jackfish. Not info food in there so they grow slowly. Also as soon as one gets to legal size its kept.

skykomish sunrise
03-27-2009, 05:59 PM
star lake, chicacoo, muir are the ones i can think of with no gas motors allowed. mayatan and battle are good cuz the nature of the boat launches keep bigger boats off.

lonehunter
03-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Ashland Dam,Sardine Lake, Battle river dam, Black Nugget mine pit

pdfish
03-30-2009, 05:01 PM
There are big pike (and some REALLY BIG walleye) in Jackfish, you just gotta put the time in. Troll around the island west of the launch or work your way around the south bay. But if you're bothered by boaters and waves, you probably won't have that great of a time as there are lots of people wakeboarding and cruising.

jpietrzak1979
03-31-2009, 05:39 PM
There are big pike (and some REALLY BIG walleye) in Jackfish, you just gotta put the time in. Troll around the island west of the launch or work your way around the south bay. But if you're bothered by boaters and waves, you probably won't have that great of a time as there are lots of people wakeboarding and cruising.

Yeah, not that I begrudge them a good time just that they always seem to find a need to zip right near me and I have a very small aluminum that doesn't ride the waves amazingly well.
Thanks for the advice!:)

lilsundance
03-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Chain Lake Provincial Park near Athabasca. Its a stocked lake with Rainbows.