PDA

View Full Version : Tikka t3x vs sako A7

ORVIS
10-02-2016, 06:26 PM
What would you guys prefer? Looking for pros and cons and I'm aware the A7 is a higher grade rifle but for the extra money on the sako I could get the tikka in laminated ss

Homesteader
10-02-2016, 07:19 PM
They will shoot the same. Get the one you like. A7 might be a little nicer for a short action cartridge.

morinj
10-02-2016, 07:54 PM
a7 soft or a7 roughtech, either way the a7 has better access to the action, the mag release is a lot nicer, your not gonna loose your magazine in the woods, the roughtech has a flutter barrel, and both a7's have stocks that are made from nicer material. I have both t3 and a7 soft, and I wouldn't take a t3x over a a7, even with the changes they have made. That being said, you can't go wrong with either, they are both excellent tools, and you will love either or, IMO!

Slicktricker
10-02-2016, 07:57 PM
I've been bouncing back and forth between the tikka and browning xbolt both feel great it's a hard one!

harv3589
10-02-2016, 08:01 PM
I just picked up a new T3x and dropped it into a Boyd's laminate stock and it's really nice. But it's not a Sako...but for money it's a great buy

elkhunter11
10-02-2016, 08:09 PM
You can't go wrong with either choice. Both are solid rifles with good triggers and barrels that offer good value for the price. Then again, both are a significant level below a Sako 85.

IBEX
10-02-2016, 08:44 PM
I have using my A7 for about 5 years now, only sold it to upgrade to the roughtech model. To me the extra money is worth the sako quality.

Smokinyotes
10-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Myself I would buy a Tikka and the money you save over the A7 I would put towards glass. The A7 maybe slightly better quality than a Tikka but it won't shoot any better.

FishHunterPro
10-02-2016, 09:26 PM
I have a tikka and a7 soft touch, they are both great rifles . The sako has a 5 shot or less sub moa and the tikka has a 3 shot guarantee . If you can still find the soft touch a7 it would be the better buy if it's still priced good. I believe I paid $1200 for mine. I did a special order for the a7 and have a bell and Carlson stock coming for it.

purgatory.sv
10-03-2016, 09:47 AM
What would you guys prefer? Looking for pros and cons and I'm aware the A7 is a higher grade rifle but for the extra money on the sako I could get the tikka in laminated ss

get the tikka in laminated ss

Kurt505
10-03-2016, 10:04 AM
I've had both and as far as accuracy goes I doubt there is a difference. There are a couple minor features on the A7 I like a bit better but I liked the balance of the Tikka better.

I don't like the stock on either rifle so that makes no difference to me, they both have a plastic bolt shroud which I'm not particularly fond of, the A7 has a better magazine design with metal lips and you have to press it in to release it, they both have plastic trigger guards which is another thing I'm not too fond of, and the ejection port on the Tikka is weird, not good or bad, just different. If I were to do it all over again it would buy the Tikka with an aftermarket stock, metal bolt shroud and metal trigger guard, or just buy a Kimber Montana and be done with it.