PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Hunter

Esox
10-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Any good or bad reviews on the Kimber Hunter as a hunting rifle?

Zuludog
10-03-2016, 04:08 PM
I've searched the net on this and have come with next to nothing. You can find the generic "reviews" out there by Field & Stream and the like, but the generally just list the features of the rifle and nothing more. They also always tend to be positive as their advertising revenues would depend on it. :)

Over all it looks like a great rifle for a budget mountain rifle or sheep hunting rig. They come in lighter than Tikkas (5.5 lbs) and have an actual removable magazine for those that don't like the blind magazine that the Montanas come with. The barrel and action is the same one that is on the Montana.

Anyone have any first hand experience with these rifles?

north american hunter
10-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Looks like a good rifle, except for the trigger guard.

Zuludog
10-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Looks like a good rifle, except for the trigger guard.

Seems to very much be the consensus. Those trigger guards hold up well on Tikkas and Sako A7s though.

Esox
10-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Ya I haven't been able find any good reviews, just the standard field and stream ones.

Zuludog
10-03-2016, 04:43 PM
I saw one post on CGN from a gun shop owner where the buyers new Kimber in 6.5 CM shot a nice 3 shot group but that's about it.

AB2506
10-03-2016, 04:57 PM
Shooting Times had a lengthy review of the Kimber Hunter. I read it in August, so it would be the September or October issue.

I looked at one in the store. Metal is the same as the Montana, but the stock is no where near as nice. But, it is about a $800 cheaper than the Montana.