PDA

View Full Version : Yay RAP!

Fishin' Fool
03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
And I don't mean Snoop Dogg or Eminem.

I was at the Wab canal today and a couple dummies pulled up in their canoe dragging 3 pike with ropes through their gills.

Long story short: I told them the lake was C&R, they said they knew, just wanted to weigh them first and asked for a scale(and admitted they'd been dragging the fish for at least 1/2 an hour with rope though the gills). They buggered off and I called RAP.

A Fish Cop called me back for more info and ended up nailing them on their way back to the city. They'd ditched the pike , to die I imagine, (though the van reeked of fish) but they both got busted for having no license and had their van searched top to bottom.

Quentin(the Fish Cop) asked me to write a report to assist in prosecution. In addition, two other people fishing there gave me their names and numbers to pass along as witnesses.

At least one person at the canal questioned the point of me calling, saying they'd never catch the dummies. I was so glad he was proved wrong. It's not too often I can say my catches for the day totaled over 350 pounds:rolleyes:

FF

FlyFishFairwx
03-30-2009, 09:40 PM
If nobody else will say it I will "good job you"

I have brought my kids up to hunt and fish with the utmost respect to the environment and part of it is to fish honestly and completely legally...

So I do admire you for doing the right thing... most or some of the most would simply role their shoulders and say so what..

Again Good show Troop!!

thumper
03-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Good on you!

alacringa
03-30-2009, 10:05 PM
FF,
good to hear a story like this with a positive ending. Way to go on the 350-lb + catch!

huntinstuff
03-30-2009, 10:06 PM
That is what that phone number is for. Good for you to dial it. Those guys make us all look bad.

Didnt even have a license:rolleyes: Idiots.

HerdBull
03-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Wonder if thats Quinton Iseley? Best damned fish cop I ever met.....

Ayr
03-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Good story FF, and kudos for the follow through on your end !

Ayr.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-31-2009, 12:38 AM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I understand report a poacher and fish and wildlife and conservation officers are extremely under staffed , Ive reported several I mean several complaints of guys poaching , keeping undersized fish more then they should, whatever the offense may be haven't had luck with a phone call back let alone them showing up. Every time I see a fish and wildlife officer or conservation officer i'm more then happy to show them my gear , and licenses I have nothing to hide.I love hearing stories like this , to you I tip my hat and give you a hand shake good job.And Hurray to fish and wildlife for getting there man.

jts1
03-31-2009, 08:34 AM
Didnt know "suckers" got that big in there. Great job

JohninAB
03-31-2009, 08:40 AM
Awesome!

FishBrain
03-31-2009, 09:24 AM
So what was the total length on this 350+ pounders that you pulled out? lol
good job

uicehole
03-31-2009, 11:22 PM
Good work FF! Hope you get a little spending money out of this too even though that's not what it's about. And I agree, Quentin's a pretty cool fish cop!

Drano
04-01-2009, 04:57 AM
Thats great that you didn't let those guys off the Hook...:wave::wave:

Fishin' Fool
04-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Good work FF! Hope you get a little spending money out of this too even though that's not what it's about. And I agree, Quentin's a pretty cool fish cop!

Didn't know $ was a part of it. Like you say, that's not what it was about and certainly not why I called.

Also, Quentin, sorry I haven't emailed you back yet. I will today.( there was a mix up exchanging email addys, but I got a message though this board from Quentin, who read my post here)

FF

Waxy
04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Good thing I'm bored lol, I had no idea what "RAP" was but figured I'd click anyway lol.

Good on you. We need more people to step up do exactly what you did.

Good on the CO too, I love seeing you guys following up on these tips and nailing these poachers.

Waxy

mooseknuckle
04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
well done. I just hope those idiots learned something from it!! And congrats on a great day by the sounds of it.

Fishin' Fool
05-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Thought I'd follow up on this story. The reason I'm sharing this is because it may provide a little extra incentive for those who have thought about phoning RAP but didn't.
As you read above, I was unaware that RAP offered $ for helping nail the people that are stealing from all of us by poaching. I'm sure I'd read it or seen it somewhere before, but it never registered in the ol' melon. Anyway, in addition to the satisfaction of helping get these dummies busted, I got a check in the mail today for $400!
If you don't do it for the good of our resources, hell, do it for greed!:) Either way, it helps the good guys win.

FF

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Thought I'd follow up on this story. The reason I'm sharing this is because it may provide a little extra incentive for those who have thought about phoning RAP but didn't.
As you read above, I was unaware that RAP offered $ for helping nail the @#$@##'s that are stealing from all of us by poaching. I'm sure I'd read it or seen it somewhere before, but it never registered in the ol' melon. Anyway, in addition to the satisfaction of helping get these dummies busted, I got a check in the mail today for $400!
If you don't do it for the good of our resources, hell, do it for greed!:) Either way, it helps the good guys win.

FF

Glad to hear you've had luck with the system , in another post by myself you'll see were not so lucky but its from same office but different than where the fish and wildlife officers who dealt with this incident.

Sartorius
05-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Wow, good on ya! You're an inspiration to us all.

FisherPotch
05-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Fantabulous success story FF!! Very glad to here they nabbed them fellas. Any size to the pike? I sure hope they were runts.

Nerdapres'
05-03-2009, 06:31 AM
That new Eminem coming out is actually pretty good. And I've never really been a fan.

Word up on the busting of poachers. I love it when I hear those stories.

dcutter
05-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Bravo Zulu Fishingfool. If I could figure out how, you would get several of those smiley faces giving the thumbs up :)

troller
05-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Bravo Zulu Fishingfool. If I could figure out how, you would get several of those smiley faces giving the thumbs up :)

I agree!

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing32.gifhttp://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing32.gifhttp://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing32.gif

pecker
05-03-2009, 11:20 AM
glad to hear you didn't release those 2 -- they're keepers . ;) :wave: