PDA

View Full Version : bulls head

jarrett
04-01-2009, 12:41 PM
has any one been out that way at all is there still ice on the lake or what about spruce or reesor

goldscud
04-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Ice still on BH

Alliman
04-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey Goldscud is it safe to go on ?

AdAMxr
04-01-2009, 02:47 PM
i have herd that ressor and spruce prolly have huge winterkill issues because of the dam construction going on.(correct me if im wrong on that) a thread a couple pages back also talks about bullshead and its ice, i belive the post mentioned that the ice is starting to thaw around the shoreline and boat launch.

madatter
04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
i have herd that ressor and spruce prolly have huge winterkill issues because of the dam construction going on.(correct me if im wrong on that) a thread a couple pages back also talks about bullshead and its ice, i belive the post mentioned that the ice is starting to thaw around the shoreline and boat launch.

Spruce has not winterkilled,there are lots of fish still in there and some bigger ones from what I hear.
I was just there yesterday.
I was at Bullshead today for opening day and it was pretty busy.
Still lots of ice,getting a little soft around the launch.
Fishing was very good in the AM:D:D but slowly peetered out,left at 1PM.
Plan on heading out again tomorrow as long as I don't get called in to work.
I'll be just to the left of the launch with a 1 man hutt and a golden retriever(can't go fishing withourt the dog).:)
Anybody from the site stop by and say hello!!

jts1
04-01-2009, 04:23 PM
I am in calgary but used to live in Irvin , Cross the highway and that grid took you right to Spruce. I have prayed to God allmighty himself. Done fish dances , promised never to drink or curse again. Even looked in to a little voodoo. I cant get a fish out of Spruce. Whats up with that......

madatter
04-01-2009, 04:30 PM
I am in calgary but used to live in Irvin , Cross the highway and that grid took you right to Spruce. I have prayed to God allmighty himself. Done fish dances , promised never to drink or curse again. Even looked in to a little voodoo. I cant get a fish out of Spruce. Whats up with that......

Yesterday I only fished it for a few hours but caught a few on power bait.
Nothing big but they sure were chunky.
Talked to a warden at Bullshead today and he confirmed that fishing has actually been very good at Spruce this winter.Even the loader operator working on the dam said they have been pulling fish out like crazy.
I've heard worms worked well(did'nt have any).
Warden said shrimp were the answer(did'nt have them either).
It's not exactly peaceful fishing there with all the dam work going on so I am not going to try it again...though the ice is probably gonna be good for another week or two!!

jts1
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Last time I was there shrimp were so thick you could walk across the water. I have never been there for hardwater just with the flyrod and trusty old zebco casting.