PDA

View Full Version : Private Land Bear Hunting

lynx
04-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I understand hunting on private land you don't need a license to hunt bear. So this opens it up to youth under 12 if this is true.

Does this allow non resident hunters as well hunt them on private land?

James M
04-01-2009, 05:56 PM
If I understand it correctly, ANYONE can hunt bears on private land where they have permission. Anyone would therefore include, kids under 12, and non-residents.

Rackmastr
04-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Access for Control of Livestock Predation
Black Bear and Coyote*

Any person who is (a) the owner or occupant of privately owned land, or (b) authorized to keep livestock on public land, or (c) a resident authorized by a person described in (a) or a resident authorized in writing by a person described in (b) may, without a licence, hunt (but not trap) black bear or coyote on such lands, at all times of the year.

MikeK
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Try taking to a taxidermist with no tag on it, no one will touch it, unless you had a permit from fishandwildlife, I doubt theyd give you one when you said that, some one shot it who cant hold a tag in alberta,

James M
04-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Sure they will........I was at a taxidermists place where he was rugging a late July black bear. A supposed cattle killer and he did the work for the person with no tag.

DAVE
04-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Sure they will........I was at a taxidermists place where he was rugging a late July black bear. A supposed cattle killer and he did the work for the person with no tag.

X2

lynx
04-02-2009, 11:29 AM
A letter from the landowner should be as good as a tag. According to the regs. written permission is all that is needed.

Andythehillbilly
04-02-2009, 02:11 PM
I've done 2 bears for guys with no tags. All you need is a win number, legal land description, and permission from the landowner.

James M
04-02-2009, 02:47 PM
I've done 2 bears for guys with no tags. All you need is a win number, legal land description, and permission from the landowner.

But what if you are the landowner, and don't have a WIN number. You're just a guy who owns land and doesnt want bears around.

What taxidermy shop are you with?

unclebuck
04-02-2009, 04:22 PM
james, check andy's addy. He probably had a lot of assistants!!!!!:D

James M
04-02-2009, 06:19 PM
james, check andy's addy. He probably had a lot of assistants!!!!!:D

I don't know if I'm blind and stupid or just can't read......but what are you talking about?

Andythehillbilly
04-02-2009, 07:21 PM
I don't know if I'm blind and stupid or just can't read......but what are you talking about?

I was kinda wondering the same thing. I'm not too sure what happens if you don't have a win#, but for the trouble its worth, why not just get one? I'm would guess that it wouldn't matter about a win but thats just a guess.

I'm just starting up my own shop in Bowden. It's out of my garage for now, but hopefully it will take off and I will have a shop one day.

lynx
04-02-2009, 07:42 PM
The land owner doesn't need a WIN#. Why would he/she. They are just giving you permission to hunt there. If you don't need a tag why would you need a WIN#? You think the kid that is under 12 is going to have a WIN#?

munyee4321
04-02-2009, 08:01 PM
The land owner doesn't need a WIN#. Why would he/she. They are just giving you permission to hunt there. If you don't need a tag why would you need a WIN#? You think the kid that is under 12 is going to have a WIN#?

I believe they were referring to having a win card in order to have the hide tanned, rugged,mounted or any work done by a taxidermist.

372elk
04-03-2009, 12:59 PM
all the land owner needs is the land description of his land and where he shot the bear. Obviously the bear has to be on his land in to shoot it. If he gives permission to someone else to hunt on his private land that person just needs it written up.

nicholal
04-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Access for Control of Livestock Predation
Black Bear and Coyote*

Any person who is (a) the owner or occupant of privately owned land, or (b) authorized to keep livestock on public land, or (c) a resident authorized by a person described in (a) or a resident authorized in writing by a person described in (b) may, without a licence, hunt (but not trap) black bear or coyote on such lands, at all times of the year.

Trev said it straight!!

the land must hold livestock!!!.......No you can not hunt an oat field the farmer wants the bears out of without a tag. As far as I know all reg rules still apply ie: hunting age for big game legal light hours ect ect...

AL

IR_mike
04-04-2009, 10:25 PM
In reference to b. of rackmasters post thats referring to a leaseholder utilizing such public land for cattle. Bee keepers shoot bears all the time on private land under cultivation not cattle production.

rottie
04-04-2009, 10:37 PM
also refer to section A, it say nothing about livestock just owner or occupant.
Bear are the same as coyotes,they can be hunted year round on private property with no license. As they are not considered a game animal on private property age restrictions do not apply

Ian

lynx
04-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Trev said it straight!!

the land must hold livestock!!!.......No you can not hunt an oat field the farmer wants the bears out of without a tag. As far as I know all reg rules still apply ie: hunting age for big game legal light hours ect ect...

AL
(a) the owner or occupant of privately owned land, This does not state livestock but the owner or occupant or (c) a resident authorized by a person described in (a)

Live stock is stated for by someone authorized to have livestock on public land

nicholal
04-04-2009, 10:57 PM
(a) the owner or occupant of privately owned land, This does not state livestock but the owner or occupant or (c) a resident authorized by a person described in (a)

Live stock is stated for by someone authorized to have livestock on public land

Well then go hunt see what happen if F&W drive by? Remember Not the entire regs are posted in hand out book. I've have been wrong before and corrected so one more time wont hurt!.......but then again I dont worry cause I always pay for a tag

Al

IR_mike
04-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Well then go hunt see what happen if F&W drive by? Remember Not the entire regs are posted in hand out book. I've have been wrong before and corrected so one more time wont hurt!.......but then again I dont worry cause I always pay for a tag

Al

No sarcasm meant but thanks for contributing to the management of our provinces wildlife. :):wave:

Jamie
04-05-2009, 01:21 AM

Al

Nicholal.. I really think you are wrong. Up north they shoot them like gophers.

They are pests in some areas and are treated like such. I love shooting them, but its getting REALLY hard to justify the costs of the hides.

Jamie