PDA

View Full Version : POACHERS caught

Lantzd
04-04-2009, 06:33 PM
to make a long story short i started the day (March 31) out at pigeon then off to wizard lake, i was fishing in my normal spot and there were two individuals in front of me with wayyyyy more lines than they should of had out and i witnessed them keeping every fish they caught, and all of you who fish that lake know dam well that every 10 fish you catch, MAYBE 1 if your lucky haha will be legal size, so i thought i would call the R.A.P. line, within 10 minutes i got a call back form a conservation officer to get more info, within another 10 minutes the officer showed up (dont wanna say his name without his permission but will say he came from the wetaskiwin office) these guys were nailed with too many lines and a bunch of undersized pike and had their gear seized and got nailed with a pretty good fine for each of them ,,, its good to see that these idiots are slowly but surely getting picked off .....i just hope and ENCOURAGE everyone else to keep there eyes open and call the R.A.P number to get arid of these idiots and make sure they stay off our lakes,,,, i would also like to thank the officers for the quick response before they left and got away,,,

jts1
04-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Good for you. Glad to see that there is still some justice out there. We all see way to many stories on here about guys doing as they wish. Its great to hear about some who got what they deserve. Start taking the vehicles and boats of the guys out there and send a msg to the rest.

JohninAB
04-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Good story and good on you for calling them in!

goober
04-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Great to hear!!! Seems like we are seeing and hearing more of these lately!!!

fishfinder.alberta
04-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Way to go! Good on you for reporting them and good on the CO for getting there in a timely manner and taking action! We do need more of that! Thanks for doing your part to protect our delicate fisheries...

BTW, I've fished Wizard plenty of times and have yet to get one that I could keep...

BobLoblaw
04-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Nice work! Sometimes the phone call works...
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Hurray . Io love these stories , Im glad these morons were caught there so many offenders out there with very few officer per an area.Good on you for reporting it.

Nerdapres'
04-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Awesome.
I have the R.A.P. number written on my tackle box with a sharpie. I hope I don't have to use it.

Drano
04-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Way to go guy more people should phone in.

Thanks...:wave::wave:

troutpirate
04-05-2009, 05:01 PM
i wish that there was cell phone reception at muskiki lake:cry:

Sundancefisher
04-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Great job... POACHER BEWARE!

You are being watched!:eek:

Lantzd
04-05-2009, 08:31 PM
just to let everyone know as well, if you report a poacher and it turns out to be true (of what you say) and there are charges laid you get a cash reward,,,, something to keep in mind,,, that might help people actually start dialing the number a little more when its needed ........

Rockymtnx
04-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Good for you for calling them in.
I hate these people who just whine about the people they see breaking the law but never call them in.

Deano
04-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Looks like the good guys are on a bit of a roll!! Fishin'Fool reported some guys at Wabamun earlier in the week. Another charge was laid on an alleged offender on the McLeod. And now Lantzd's story. Maybe the officers have decided to step up the pressure this year.

Deano

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-05-2009, 10:16 PM
just to let everyone know as well, if you report a poacher and it turns out to be true (of what you say) and there are charges laid you get a cash reward,,,, something to keep in mind,,, that might help people actually start dialing the number a little more when its needed ........

Good enough nice to see they give a few bucks away Id sooner see them keep it and spend it on getting more officers , to catch these clowns .

Morph1
04-06-2009, 10:13 AM
lol BillyCrap that's some excellent thinking, have you just got out of a Pen :lol::lol::lol:

sco22
04-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Nice post billycap. . .hopefully someone takes a flamethrower to your post. . .

So you are tying to equate a responsible outdoorsman taking preventative action in regards to enforcing rules set to protect a valued resource to calling the cops when I see someone running a red light? Furthermore, you think it would be better to personally confront someone? And all of this makes someone a snitch? What a moronic string of trolling. . .

Although I have no issues speaking to someone I see who is not abiding by the regulations (sometimes they don't know. . .), it is not for everyone and I most certainly would not do it if I had my kids.

Your post is a classic troll trying to incite reaction on this board. Actually, I am a little ashamed to fall for the bait.

Maybe you should go back to your Mom's basement and watch Scent of a Woman again. . Who-ah. . .

Hunter Trav
04-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Awesome.
I have the R.A.P. number written on my tackle box with a sharpie. I hope I don't have to use it.

Thats a damn good idea, I think I'm going to do that when I get home.

billycap
04-06-2009, 11:27 AM
no honestly i though i would get a warm reception here... lol..well never been to jail.. yet... although edmonton seems like it... and yea 99% of the time people will stop the poach if confronted directly...but for that to happen you actually have to have enough guts to step up... so tell me what comes next if we turn in clowns for having to many tip ups or keeping a smallie.... I saw some guys drinkin a few beer a couple of weeks ago... should i have called the poe poe? Or maybe id wait for them to finish then call in hopes they might blow over.... and i know forsure that old man was atleast 5 ft farther from his tip up than legal....shoulda brought the smack down i guess.. so when is it ok to call??
when there is a infraction?
when there is a gross infraction?
ya have to draw the line somewhere right?

i got a better idea
if you see someone doing somthing....say somthing.. could also be a small chance that that person had no idea that they were breaking the law...

so tell me now... all of you are 100% to the letter... all the time.... never in all your years.... broke any laws out fishing??? would you not like a hey man you cant do that here...or a hey buddy the fish cops will have ur ***** for that rather than getting all your stuff jacked and some tickets to boot..

The reason i go out fishing is to get away from it all.... shame on you!

Albertadiver
04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Here ya go...

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=27625&highlight=saints+sinners

jts1
04-06-2009, 11:45 AM
"i got a better idea
if you see someone doing somthing....say somthing.. could also be a small chance that that person had no idea that they were breaking the law... "

I think you might have got a little less slack if you had said it like that the first time. Screaing RATS!!! aint the best way to get a positive responce

Morph1
04-06-2009, 12:11 PM
lol, it kind of sounds as it was my buddy Raven speaking out "INCOGNITO" lol
:lol::lol::lol:
F&W are doing it for the money hehe , man you gotta pick yourself up , it must've been a tall tree you have fallen off :D
My morning is going great :lol: your reply BillyCap just contributed to it, there is always more room for a good laughter :lol::lol::lol:
Thank you BillyCap,
Now we want some more , please .....

Bear
04-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I have advise for everyone. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

billycap
04-06-2009, 01:55 PM
dont get me wrong here guys.. its not that i have a big beef against F&W they have a job to do...and ive never had a fishing ticket... so why dont i like them?....because F&W is a business plain and simple.. and by the sounds of it business is good! dont worry i feel the same about normal cops and photo radar boxes...and you know what i think it would be easy enough to slip up and dinged without some guy next to ya playing policemans pet. And if you dont like being called a rat.... Dont be a rat
thanx for the msg there La... i really like the hints at violence... you do know its illegal right?.... lol wheres my phone
lol

ps id rather be a troll than a rat anyday...
i rest my case your honor

pdfish
04-06-2009, 02:05 PM
This seems like the right occasion....

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp96/pd_fish/corn.gif

FishBrain
04-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Good for you for calling on the jerks.
if they didnt get caught they would be out everyday.

Billy: shame on you for being such an *****H0(3. people like you probably get your fish from my truck, and your deer from the road.
besure to keep it loaded next time you clean it

Private Ear
04-06-2009, 02:12 PM
besure to keep it loaded next time you clean it:lol::lol::lol:

I gotta remember that one!

Copidosoma
04-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Billy is the guy out there who gives hunters and fishermen (and women) a cr@ppy reputation and makes people think we are all slobbering neandrathals with the IQ of a turnip.

Thanks dude.

elkhunter11
04-06-2009, 03:10 PM
and yea 99% of the time people will stop the poach if confronted directly.

Perhaps until you move on,then they will likely just resume their poaching.Fines are far more likely to be an effective deterrent,especially if they think that they will be turned in and fined every time they are seen poaching.

Guy Incognito
04-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey Lantzd,

To quote Martin Luther King:

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

As most of your brethren on this forum have noted, good on you for calling the fish cops. Most people never take things seriously until it gets them where it hurts, the wallet!

Guy

rem338win
04-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Seriously Bullycrap, give your poor finger and spell check a rest, eh? Some one help you find the power button again?

What the fella did was a good thing, and the responsible thing. The problem is people like you lack all discretion, and with the attitude your waving like a burning flag, your likely one of the folks that likes to leave your trash behind you after you've abused the natural resources we all share.
I'd rather have to worry about someone holding me accountable for my actions than put up with empty lakes and beer cans floating in them.
Your likely better off keeping your yap shut. Then again it is kinda hard for the slack jawed.
Now that you've cranked every descent person on this site, maybe you should just leave. You have no friends here.

JohnnyCustom
04-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Just for the record, a Rat is someone who turns in his FRIENDS, Not some bum/bums breakin' the rules across the lake. With so many people nowadays breaking the law in everyway they can,(not just fishing) you have to stand up and be proactive. If everyone took a blind eye to the things going on around them, we'd be worse off than we are now, and that's scary.