PDA

View Full Version : Lac la Biche ice conditions (2 part question)

FISHBATTEREDBEER
12-09-2016, 02:54 PM
Hello fellow anglers:),I'm very excited about this hard water season and am wondering about the ice conditions up and around LLB? I've had great success there and can't wait to get out on the ice.

I am also curious about what 2017 will bring for the walleye limits on LLB lake,I know there was a huge meeting awhile back but haven't read anything about a possible opening/tags for walleye this coming spring and summer.Anyone know?

SNAPFisher
12-09-2016, 03:42 PM
I don't know about the ice but the meeting I'm assuming you are referring to was this one:

http://www.spjournal.com/article/Fish-meeting-reels-in-frustration-anger-over-regulations-20160913

The latest I could find was this:

http://www.mywildalberta.com/Fishing/Regulations/Lac-La-Biche-Walleye-Recovery.aspx

So, probably no change for next year should be expected but the new regs come out in the spring so stay tuned.

FISHBATTEREDBEER
12-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Its too bad ever other species has suffered or is nonexistant because of this walleye recovery program. Zero,I mean zero perch on the camera:sHa_shakeshout:

Brandonkop
12-09-2016, 05:51 PM
"The long term success of this project depends on the responsible use of this resource."

What's responsible about unregulated square hooks. What a waste of money, time and resources! Time to get the natives on board with the management strategies rather than a free for all.

SamSteele
12-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Can't comment on LLB specifically, but the big lakes around Meadow Lake were still open last weekend. There should be ice now with the cold snap but I'm guessing a couple inches at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kim473
12-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Its too bad ever other species has suffered or is nonexistant because of this walleye recovery program. Zero,I mean zero perch on the camera:sHa_shakeshout:

What did you expect when they stocked about 100 million Walleye over the last ten years or so.
I would sooner take 10 decent sized perch a few times a year over 2 or 3 Walleye per year any day.
In 10 more years you wont be able to find any perch in the province at all. Our fishery program sucks ! JMO.

Habfan
12-11-2016, 07:47 AM
What did you expect when they stocked about 100 million Walleye over the last ten years or so.
I would sooner take 10 decent sized perch a few times a year over 2 or 3 Walleye per year any day.
In 10 more years you wont be able to find any perch in the province at all. Our fishery program sucks ! JMO.

Agree !

trigger7mm
12-11-2016, 08:24 AM
X2!

Double_A_Ron
12-12-2016, 12:29 PM
No ice updates?

FISHBATTEREDBEER
12-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Ifish says 12"

neilsledder
12-12-2016, 01:04 PM

Sorry to derail the thread but I wonder why they don't stock perch in any lakes?

FISHBATTEREDBEER
12-12-2016, 01:12 PM
Halfmoon,Obed,Dolberg and more have been stocked with perch at one time

blackonblackfx4
12-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Drilled a hole on beaver by lac la biche on Sunday for couriousity and it was 8-10 inch 50 yards from shore-about 8 feet deep. Didn't take a close measurement as it was blowing so cold!

FISHBATTEREDBEER
12-13-2016, 02:09 PM
Well 2 calls to LLB and still no solid answer on ice conditions/fishing .F&W say they haven't been out there at all and the sporting store "doesn't know" ,I think its a liability reason for not giving an answer.

blackonblackfx4
12-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Well 2 calls to LLB and still no solid answer on ice conditions/fishing .F&W say they haven't been out there at all and the sporting store "doesn't know" ,I think its a liability reason for not giving an answer.

You should be fine to walk on. Guys are starting to walk on. Still lots of cracks ect

beaver river game
12-20-2016, 05:59 PM
Watch out ice is 12 inches to 3 inches buddy of mine hit 4 inches of ice mid February last year on the NE end lots of current moving at that end of the lake

FishHunterPro
12-20-2016, 06:57 PM

Anywhere in 30ft of water I always had great success for perch after the new year.

HuyFishin
12-21-2016, 09:17 AM
wait a minute :(

I rented a shack here for 3 days and i'm excited for the day!

There wont be any perch?!??!

blackonblackfx4
12-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Anywhere in 30ft of water I always had great success for perch after the new year.

Even last year? We didn't see any perch last year