PDA

View Full Version : Have you filed your reports?

Bub
12-10-2016, 12:30 AM
I have a couple of days ago. I haven't been able to get out much this season and had only an undersubscribed mulie (antlerless) and a whitetail tags. Filled them both. Mulie took about five minutes to fill, not including a 15-minute drive. The whitetail took a few outings. Both on public lands.

Also came to a total of 19 ducks and 18 geese. Mostly on private land (big thanks to the owner!!!). Thought I had more though :sHa_sarcasticlol:

I was hoping to be able to go out for an elk, but had no time for that. Helped out my cousin with one though.

Overall, not too busy but a fun season :oregonian_winesmile

While on the subject of reporting, how do you bird hunters keep track of what you shoot during the season? I simply write the number of birds and species, along with a location in my notes every time I go out and total the numbers at the end of the season.

H380
12-10-2016, 06:40 AM
I have a couple of days ago. I haven't been able to get out much this season and had only an undersubscribed mulie (antlerless) and a whitetail tags. Filled them both. Mulie took about five minutes to fill, not including a 15-minute drive. The whitetail took a few outings. Both on public lands.

Also came to a total of 19 ducks and 18 geese. Mostly on private land (big thanks to the owner!!!). Thought I had more though :sHa_sarcasticlol:

I was hoping to be able to go out for an elk, but had no time for that. Helped out my cousin with one though.

Overall, not too busy but a fun season :oregonian_winesmile

While on the subject of reporting, how do you bird hunters keep track of what you shoot during the season? I simply write the number of birds and species, along with a location in my notes every time I go out and total the numbers at the end of the season.
Only shoot pheasants for birds , keep a tail feather from each in a jar to keep track . Submitted reports the day I got the e-mail .

Bub
12-11-2016, 10:27 PM
^ I actually have never hunted pheasants in Canada before :scared0018:
Thinking to go south every year just for that, but it never works out. Maybe next year. Fingers crossed :)