PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance and Insight Genesis.

Wes_G
12-11-2016, 04:09 PM
I just bought an Elite 4 and there is no information on how the insight genesis work. What all do I need to be able to use the mapping feature as thats why I bought this unit. Do i need to buy a card with pre loaded base maps and then upload the maps for the lakes I want that are already mapped? DO you even need a base map for it? I really just want whatever is mapped for a bunch of the southern reservoirs. There is next to no information in the book about how to use this feature.

Anyone looking for a new unit, Canadian tire south in lethbridge still has 1 left for %50 off, Got it for $215 regular $430!!!!

sturgeonhound
12-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Wes,

- go onto insight genesis webpage, sign up and create an account
- register your unit on your account
- download the maps you want from social maps
- unzip the maps you have down loaded
- copy the unzipped .AT5 files on to an sd or micro sd card (what ever type your unit has)
- insert the sd card into your unit
- fire up your unit
- select the map you want to view
- go fishing!

Shoot me a PM if you need any help or want to learn how to record your sonar logs and make your own maps.

Cheers,
SH

Wes_G
12-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Wes,

- go onto insight genesis webpage, sign up and create an account
- register your unit on your account
- download the maps you want from social maps
- unzip the maps you have down loaded
- copy the unzipped .AT5 files on to an sd or micro sd card (what ever type your unit has)
- insert the sd card into your unit
- fire up your unit
- select the map you want to view
- go fishing!

Shoot me a PM if you need any help or want to learn how to record your sonar logs and make your own maps.

Cheers,
SH

So basically all that I need from here is an SD or micro SD?

Likely wont have the unit installed in the boat for at least a couple months, so gives me some time to figure all this stuff out.

Willowtrail
12-12-2016, 08:11 AM
I think it's an SD card in those. I've been using insight for 2 years and love it.
Gives you time to play either the unit over the winter. FYI, a gel cell battery won't power your unit so bring in your deep cycle to the coffee table and play and learn.

Wes_G
12-12-2016, 08:59 PM
I think it's an SD card in those. I've been using insight for 2 years and love it.
Gives you time to play either the unit over the winter. FYI, a gel cell battery won't power your unit so bring in your deep cycle to the coffee table and play and learn.

LOL, I'll just wire it to the boat in the garage and sit with beer in the cup holder dreaming of summer.

D.Archer
12-18-2016, 03:46 PM
I was checking out the web sight mentioned above Insight Genesis. I checked out the pricing and Plans and It says free with premium free until Dec 31. Is there more to it or does the price come up when you register. I have never owned a fish finder before.

I might have figured it out I went under purchase maps for your Lowrace display I looks like $114.