PDA

View Full Version : Pelican Snow Trek Sleds

fishingnut
12-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone on AO uses or has used this sled for pulling out a deer in the fall? I have an otter, but I find its to big and bulky and I have a chance to buy this sled. Was hoping to get some feedback on this before I pick it up at Christmas. Thank you!

AB2506
12-11-2016, 11:27 PM
I use calf sleds from UFA. They have lasted several years. Not intended for dragging behind a snow machine though.

kritz
12-12-2016, 07:38 AM
Not sure which one you are looking at. Yes the calf sleds from Coop are very good and durable pull sleds. Those are what I use when trapping when I have to walk. you would never be disappointed with one.

I Have a Pelican Snow Trek Sport 75 for using behind a snowmobile. It is very well built, but there is a difference between the standards and sport models from Pelican.

fishingnut
12-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Not sure which one you are looking at. Yes the calf sleds from Coop are very good and durable pull sleds. Those are what I use when trapping when I have to walk. you would never be disappointed with one.

I Have a Pelican Snow Trek Sport 75 for using behind a snowmobile. It is very well built, but there is a difference between the standards and sport models from Pelican.

I have a chance to buy a snow trek 45. I read its only rated for 130lbs which concerns me a little as I want it to haul deer out of the coulees where I hunt in the fall. And a mule deer buck weighs more then 130lbs! In your opinion would the sport trek 45 be worth the money? Are the standard sled made flimsier or not as solid as the sport models? I was looking at the cabelas sled too but it does not have a weight rating on it. But I was going to check them out too maybe.

curt7mm
12-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Ive used the Pelican many times to pull out deer. I can fit a whole deer in it and its easy to put the sled back in the truck with the deer in it. Theyre awesome sleds and the right price when on sale at Cdn Tire. I don't know which one I have but I do no that its fits perfectly sideways in the box of my truck and I am able to put lots of stuff in it when its back there.

Game Hunter
12-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Ive used the Pelican many times to pull out deer. I can fit a whole deer in it and its easy to put the sled back in the truck with the deer in it. Theyre awesome sleds and the right price when on sale at Cdn Tire. I don't know which one I have but I do no that its fits perfectly sideways in the box of my truck and I am able to put lots of stuff in it when its back there.

The pelican 60 is awesome. Great for pulling out deer, we pulled out 2 bucks with one sled this year. I've drilled 1" holes in the side rail to hold my ice fishing rods. Holds enough stuff for a walk in lake.
Recommend the bottom sliders, cover, and hitch att for quad in lakes.
An advantage Is if you have 2 of them they fit perfectly side by side in the back of a truck.
Costco had a stupid good deal on those with a lot of ACcessories a while back.

Rem788
12-12-2016, 08:09 PM
I have one of the sport models and have drug out two bull elk, a couple deer, ice fishing, if it ever wears out ill buy another one in a heartbeat.

MK2750
12-12-2016, 10:28 PM
This is a 60. I think the 45 would be a little small and perhaps tippy. This one pulls good and is the right size for deer. I have the bigger one also (75 with runners) that also just straps on to this repurposed bike cart for hauling kids. I use the bigger one for hauling duck decoys and gear as it holds more and floats better without tipping.

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b406/furnacefella/cart1_zpsxiyfcbp9.png (http://s1040.photobucket.com/user/furnacefella/media/cart1_zpsxiyfcbp9.png.html)

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b406/furnacefella/cart3_zpstjd9du1z.png (http://s1040.photobucket.com/user/furnacefella/media/cart3_zpstjd9du1z.png.html)

These sleds were both purchased 50% off at CT. Don't over pay used as they are on special quite often at different places.