PDA

View Full Version : Why We Hunt

elkhunter11
12-12-2016, 04:44 PM
A good video if you use facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/CanadaInTheRough/videos/1197380780309361/

covey ridge
12-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Thanks for posting! The most significant part for me was the idea that we do not need to apologize for participating in something so primal to our being.

catnthehat
12-13-2016, 11:10 AM
Never have and never will apologize for being a hunter!
In fact I don't know if I have ever even started a sentence with
" I'm sorry but...."
Cat

bb356
12-13-2016, 01:28 PM
Thank's !!!

Buckhead
12-13-2016, 08:08 PM
" I'm sorry but...."
Cat

Hunting is in our DNA. It is the most natural thing in the world. When I enter the woods I am at peace.
I will never apoligize for who I am or that I hunt.

hayseed
12-13-2016, 08:24 PM
Hunting is in our DNA. It is the most natural thing in the world. When I enter the woods I am at peace.

X a million!!!!

cameron_25
12-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Great vid

ex811
12-13-2016, 08:58 PM
" I'm sorry but...."
Cat

Excellent comment. Are we related?

I've have been 'defending' Hunting for nearly 50yrs now. I have gone from being angry with these antis for not understanding, to explaining why I Hunt and finally just engaging and discussing the Hunt.

This has made me look even deeper into why I Hunt, and like buckhead says, I truly believe it is part of my DNA. If my ancestors didn't Hunt I don't think I'd be here now.

Ranets
12-13-2016, 08:59 PM
Very well explained, no true hunter need ever apologize for his love and passion of hunting , for you will never find a group of people that overall are more concerned about the wellbeing of all animals, birds,and fish and the preservation of the outdoors for future generations.

58thecat
12-14-2016, 12:31 AM
Because it completes me.
Hunting, fishing and gathering off the land, taking and giving back, a balance not hard to understand just a way of life.

graybeard
12-14-2016, 07:52 AM
I will never apologize for who I am or that I hunt.

X a million and one....

AMHunter
12-14-2016, 08:19 AM
Thanks for sharing! Great video!!

270 ELK
12-14-2016, 08:35 AM
Great video thanks

waterninja
12-14-2016, 10:35 PM
I think we should have a separate AO section where members can start a thread, then stick articles that they think the rest of us would like to watch, even though they are not in any way connected to the article. This is not a shot towards anyone, but Iv'e noticed an increase in threads where people just cut and paste stuff.
One of these days I'll learn how to do it myself.

slopeshunter
12-14-2016, 11:15 PM
Great video. Thanks for posting.

warriorboy10
12-14-2016, 11:34 PM
Mentally and physically I feel the best when I'm in the bush or on the water and don't need to take any critters to enjoy my time. When my boys or friends are along my side that is even better.

Johnny G1
12-14-2016, 11:38 PM
X2 but getting too old to really enjoy it, uncle artherites and the rest of the aches???

covey ridge
12-15-2016, 08:19 AM
like buckhead says, I truly believe it is part of my DNA. If my ancestors didn't Hunt I don't think I'd be here now.

I think you are correct! I think hunting is the thing that separated our species from the species that remained in the trees to eat green. We probably started out as scavengers upon the leavings of other species that killed to eat. The diet made us feel good and we became hunters not depending on leavings. In any event the diet rich in fat and protein enabled our brains to expand and function to a higher level than those who remained in the trees. It is what eventually led us to populate the earth. Those who are anti hunting should realize that they would probably not be here with us if it were not for those who DNA desired to live by the hunt.

Bleat
12-16-2016, 01:42 PM

I couldn't possibly agree more with this and would take it one step further and believe we should do everything possible to get the younger generations into the woods, field, lakes and streams so they don't lose touch.....more than they maybe already have.

...heaven help us if we don't or didn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3WeXGmqYsE

Unregistered user
12-16-2016, 05:14 PM
In this day and age of diversity and universal acceptance, why should any one group of people be singled out to explain themselves? Try doing that to any member of "LeBigots" and see if you're not charged with a hate crime.

waterninja
12-16-2016, 05:35 PM
I should have added that I always enjoy watching this vid, and the others like it.

Xbolt7mm
12-16-2016, 08:19 PM
" I'm sorry but...."
Cat

Lol,,,,I was always taught that when you say the word "but" it erases everything you said previous to the "but"