PDA

View Full Version : ice fishing & posting holes

hb hunter
04-05-2009, 07:04 PM
so a few weeks ago i was fishing minnow lake and noticed 15-25 holes along the entire weed bed. i drove over to these holes and seen stakes with numbers on each one beside each hole? i confronted the driller of the holes and it was a person from edson named Mike who i met earley that summer. he said i could not fish his brothers holers because they were posted?????????? what the he##?? is this correct for ice fishing? i understood 1 man could fish 2 lines only???????? do we have the right to post ice fishing holes???? if thats the case i will post every lake i fish on??? i thought this Mike was a good guy but now i realize he in nothing but a scum bag!!! correct me if im wrong, please reply mike from edson!!

HerdBull
04-05-2009, 07:09 PM
First I've ever heard of that.....but it seems to me, if he wants to be like that.....let him have the hole he's "posted" :rolleyes: .... if he ain't there, drill one right friggin next to it and "post" it for yourself lol. If he is there....well unfortunatley standard unwritten rules apply to crowding lol.

Bighorn madness
04-05-2009, 07:12 PM
First I've ever heard of that.....but it seems to me, if he wants to be like that.....let him have the hole he's "posted" :rolleyes: .... if he ain't there, drill one right friggin next to it and "post" it for yourself lol. If he is there....well unfortunatley standard unwritten rules apply to crowding lol.
X 2 :lol::lol::lol: I couldnt say it any better .

saltwater cowboy
04-05-2009, 07:14 PM
You gotta be kidding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That guys nuts!!!!!
I will give you some keep out tape from work so you can section of a corner of the lake if this guy comes around and you can tell him it's posted.....:mad3:
Salty

HotHook
04-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Hmmmmmmmm
I wonder if he has a post on his wife when he is out fishing??????
Just curious!!

Goater
04-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Police tape the stakes.

elkhunter11
04-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Posted holes!Nominate that idiot for a Darwin Award.

dodger
04-05-2009, 08:03 PM
It worked !!! Maybe next winter we will all have our areas stacked out with " Yellow Caution Tape " so no one comes into our areas. That solves all the problems of guys getting to close to our spots. This should free up some topic space on the forum next year. :lol::lol:
Dodger.

hb hunter
04-05-2009, 09:46 PM
thanks guys and gals, it was un fair to stop me from fishing any un fished hole
but i would like the responce from mike himself who would not let me fish his posted area? it was un fair to me my friends and all fishermen on the lake. i respect all fellow fishermen and if they want to fish next to me great, good way to meet new people.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-05-2009, 10:45 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: OMG and here I thought id get away with opening my big mouth . I want whatever this guys been smoking , or drinking . Id love for proof to where he found this . A lake is Government property , and is lent out to its citizens of the province , I would turned around cleaned out the hole and said thank you good sir , heck would even offered to clean his out too . It doesn't matter if you drill 2 holes or 2000 holes , 1 person can only legally fish 2 holes . Man some of the things people tell us folk . Man the short bus is rolling on threw .

packhuntr
04-06-2009, 06:47 AM
I dont know about the 'posting/numbering" of holes, doesnt make sence, legally anyways, but if I bust my azz pre morning feed, ie; in the dark to punch 15 to 20 holes to stay on active feeders and fish that move quickly looking to feed, be it walleye or whatever,,, thats my business. If some tard wants to attempt to take over one of or some of the holes ive pre drilled for this style of fishing, they can and will end up with a short rod shoved so far up their azz that fishing will be the last thing on their mind for some time. I employ tactics like this regularily, especially to run from shallow to deeper as the morning progresses to midday. Only a complete idiot drills all day long,,,,, Lord knows that never happens. If guys want to park beside me and do that,, sorry, I start before day light and get them ALL DRILLED FOR A REASON. If drilled the holes, and im running them constantly seeking fish, then they are no one elses. If you guys need to be fishing right on top of someone else, you will quickly hear about it from me. Stop with the "you dont own the lake" bullshat, you dont need to be parking on top of another fisherman,, ruining their fun to have some of your own weird brand of fun.

Elk Chaser
04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
4 partially drilled holes (1 on each corner that encompasses all of his posted holes) now put sticks in these 4 partials and tie crime scene / stay out tape to all of your poles. Then sit back and giggle.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

tchcont
04-06-2009, 08:28 AM
was out on saturday and drilled about 12 holes at 7am , fished
to 10am and went home for a while. when i got back there was
a couple guys fishing these holes. pulled up put my line down and the one fellow had the nerve to ask what i was doing?:lol: they were
fishing there and i had no right to be there.:huh:
after i informed them that it was me that punched the holes earlier
in the days ,they chilled a little , stayed about 15 minutes
and left.

the lake is for everyone and be prepared to share.
what happens in the summer when your trolling the
lake , everyone has to part way for you. Think Not

duffy4
04-06-2009, 08:36 AM
I usually just drill a hole or two to fish in and then if I move I drill more.

But I know some guys like to drill a bunch of holes and move between them.

If I drilled 10 or 15 holes I wouldn't want other people coming along and fishing in them. Maybe this Mike has had that happen to him so now he "posts" his extra holes to keep people from fishing in them. I think as long as he doesn't go overboard and try to "claim" a big area then thats OK.

This is kind of like the threads we have had about permanent tree stands. Is it ok to come along and hunt in a stand that someone else has built? Or have they "claimed the tree and location?

Mudslide
04-06-2009, 10:33 AM
There is a huge difference between drilling a bunch of holes from shallow to deep and drilling an entire weed line or drop off and then claiming it as exclusively yours. It would be poor form to actually use holes that you have not drilled when the guy who drilled them is right there but imagine if I showed up at the north end of Sylvan and claimed the entire drop off as my own. I don't think so! The fact is there is limited water in Alberta and there are more and more fishermen. Check out the situation in Yellowstone on opening day if you want to see where we are headed. Move over and make room (and friends) or fly in to some wilderness camp if you want privacy.

jts1
04-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Back home in Sask I grew up lake front. There was this old fella down the road who had a hell of a Walleye hole right in front of his place. he used to hate the city guys coming out and fishing that old hole in the winter. So he started putting Danger Thin Ice all around his favorite fishing spot. We the local knew it was a sham But that old guy kept away all the city guys with them thin ice posts. We would laugh sometimes people that you would talk to on the ice would ask "Did you see that crazy old man on the thin ice with his truck and shack" To this day he is like 900 years old and still fish's with the best of them. And yes them danger posts are out there every winter God bless that old man :lol:

RandyBoBandy
04-06-2009, 06:06 PM
this thread HAS to be a JOKE!:mad3: Someone has the kajones to drill holes and STAKE CLAIM?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? only one word comes to mind...****