PDA

View Full Version : Gleniffer Lake?

fishing_flower
04-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I have found very little reference to this lake as a fishing lake. Does anyone know much about it, and if the oil spill last year affected the fishing there?
I have one map book that references it and the fish stated sounds good, but the book is over 6 years old and I'm sure things can change. I understand it is a reservoir, and is the water level up in spring or do they do any type of draining? We're thinking about going in May or June, so not ice fishing.
Thanks

WayneChristie
04-05-2009, 09:10 PM
I have found very little reference to this lake as a fishing lake. Does anyone know much about it, and if the oil spill last year affected the fishing there?
I have one map book that references it and the fish stated sounds good, but the book is over 6 years old and I'm sure things can change. I understand it is a reservoir, and is the water level up in spring or do they do any type of draining? We're thinking about going in May or June, so not ice fishing.
Thanks

My nephew fishes there quite a bit, I guess they get quite a few walleye, and trout as well as rockies, but then, Im the one who taught him how to fish so he better be good at it :lol: I wouldnt eat anything out of there tho, I believe there is a mercury warning from there downstream.

fishing_flower
04-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the info. I saw that in the guide about a mercury warning, thought it was something that got in the water downstream..:sick:

We might end up driving all the way to Gull or Pigeon if we can get a reservation for a campsite. Just want to make sure we have a campsite at a place our little guy can catch a few. Of course it would be nice for us to catch a few too:D