PDA

View Full Version : Whitefish on Lac La Biche / Touchwood

blackonblackfx4
12-15-2016, 09:20 AM
Anyone have any luck catching whitefish in these lakes? Willing to share any tips, depth ect?

blackonblackfx4
12-16-2016, 09:35 PM
Bump anyone?

MugEye
12-28-2016, 07:09 PM
I'm thinking of trying . It's been so slow for pike I'm willing to try something else. But I never fished for whitefish before . Looking for advice too

Mitchthefisher
12-28-2016, 07:16 PM
2-10 Feet of water is where I catch 90% of mine and sometimes as deep as 20-25 feet with Wireworms sitting horizontal no bait, also kastmasters, wetaskiwin specials etc without bait will work.

3blade
12-28-2016, 07:30 PM
On llb, see if you can find where the locals are using a square hook. That'll tell you where to start. Never seen one at touchwood but I don't think most people target them. The techniques are the same for lake whites everywhere.

MugEye
12-28-2016, 10:46 PM
2-10 Feet of water is where I catch 90% of mine and sometimes as deep as 20-25 feet with Wireworms sitting horizontal no bait, also kastmasters, wetaskiwin specials etc without bait will work.

What do you mean sitting horizontal?

Opa
12-29-2016, 01:50 PM
On llb, see if you can find where the locals are using a square hook. That'll tell you where to start. Never seen one at touchwood but I don't think most people target them. The techniques are the same for lake whites everywhere.

The locals on LLB using square hooks are NOT fishing for whites. They are "subsistence" netters setting specifically for & pulling anywhere from 10-20 walleye per set, all from 4-9 lbs.!!!! I might add that they require the fish for "subsistence" about as much as they require a spare arsehole.:angry3: Most of the fish are consumed in the form of wobbly pop. For whites, go into Plamondon Bay.

On Touchwood, go into the bay south of "Bare*** Point" and dig holes. That was where the commercial fishermen used to fish them.