PDA

View Full Version : Frick'n Melt Allready

jts1
04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
I hate this time of year. Ice ain't off the lakes yet , Icebergs floating down the river. Its kind of like when the lights come on in the bar. All thats left has been over fished and ain't safe to drill into for fear of risking your life. But you dont want to go home with out getting the rod in the water , so you fish places you normally would not. So I salute all of us who are stuck strolling the banks and casting between icebergs , I feel for ya man. It will all be over soon my friend.

jeprli
04-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Hey winter fishing the Bow has been the most productive for me. Fish are looking after whatever food they can find. Unlike the rest of the year, when hatches start happening, then they run sort of a feeding schedule and window of catching opportunity almost closes(for spin fisherman). When weather warms up early mornings and late evenings are the only times I get bit.

I feel your pain, but soon will head out to the lakes and be catching pike till our forearms get sore, better get ready :);)

jpietrzak1979
04-06-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm with you- I don't seem to have any ability with ice fishing! Drooling for getting my boat out on the water some dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

OutwardBound
04-06-2009, 10:15 PM
ANYTIME NOW!!!!!!!! Melt dammit - I wanna fish from the boat!!

Whew...that feels nice.

Danni

I-Love-Eyes
04-07-2009, 09:02 PM
I Hear Ya!!! I've tied about 3 dozon lindy rigs, re-spooled the reels and the new fish finder is in at Fishin' Hole. I've just about had it up to my eyeballs with the snow...Wii fishing is OK but just not as good as the "reel" thing LOL

WayneChristie
04-07-2009, 09:09 PM
holes in the river ice, but its closed down here, waiting with baited breath, (but not rod) for Newell to crack open, first night forcast to be above zero this year I think, so maybe, just maybe it will be open soon!!!! or sooner if I can find some dynamite!!!!! cabin fever sucks!

jpietrzak1979
04-07-2009, 09:22 PM
we could all get axes and explosives and get er done

fluxcore
04-07-2009, 09:57 PM
sounds like there forecasting alot of flooding this spring with things warming up to fast:( the rivers may end up quite a mess this year

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-07-2009, 10:10 PM
sounds like there forecasting alot of flooding this spring with things warming up to fast:( the rivers may end up quite a mess this year

Flood to fast and by summers end will be dryer then a popcorn fart , Heres to hoping for lots of rain in the next few weeks

jrs
04-07-2009, 10:52 PM
"Flood to fast and by summers end will be dryer then a popcorn fart , Heres to hoping for lots of rain in the next few weeks"

Make that in the next few months, rain on top of deep snow in the foothills would not be good. Makes it melt much quicker.

The good/bad news for this spring is the mountains have below average snow pack (last time i checked the gov site), may be low flows later in the summer but should reduce the severity of spring flooding. My favorite fishing spot has been completely washed out two years in a row now, like learning a new river each summer. I wouldn't mind a less severe flood one of these times.

I talked to a buddy down south this evening, one of my favorite little trout lakes is ready to fish this weekend, can't wait to get the fly rod out for the second time this spring :D Ice out is by far my favorite time of year to target big rainbows.

Jester
04-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Atha -B river break-up cam..

http://207.34.51.130/riverbreakup/picpage.aspx

My guess is April 28th..

WayneChristie
04-08-2009, 09:27 PM
spent many a day tossing boulders on the ice ledges on the Bow at my favorite spots to hurry them up. Too klutzy for the axe theory LOL I like having 2 feet, even if they are both lefts