PDA

View Full Version : Tent pole remedies

Elchinodiablo
12-20-2016, 09:27 AM
Hey guys. I got a hub style ice tent. My problem is that when its opened one of the roof poles just doesnt seem to sit right or have the right tension in it. Kind of sags down. It is fairly new but i was wondering if this is normal or if there is a quick fix without sending it back to the store.

Thanks.

SamSteele
12-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Not normal, but seems to be a common problem. Mine did that before it eventually snapped. Might be prudent to get an extra one as a replacement when it finally gives out.

SS

squidward
12-20-2016, 02:00 PM
If it is an insulated tent like mine it apparently is quite common. Give it a solid go before you do any drastic measures. Mine is slowly lookin more and more normal after each outing and can hold up to more wind without collapsing. I did stretch out guy lines on all sides each outing so far. One reason being that it was new and that would help stretch it and the other to actually hold it open in wind. This year I haven't had to do any guy lines so far

Willowtrail
12-20-2016, 09:27 PM
Hey guys. I got a hub style ice tent. My problem is that when its opened one of the roof poles just doesnt seem to sit right or have the right tension in it. Kind of sags down. It is fairly new but i was wondering if this is normal or if there is a quick fix without sending it back to the store.

Thanks.

Which tent is it? What size?

Elchinodiablo
12-20-2016, 10:01 PM
Its an eskimo evo2. One of the front side poles on the roof.

Willowtrail
12-20-2016, 10:44 PM
No real experience with them. Insulated or not? I would keep setting it up a few times and see if it gets better.

Do you have to assemble those? Is everything where it's supported to be?
Eskimo has great customer service. Give them a call tomorrow and talk to them. They'll likely have heard the issue and help you out.

Or head back to where you bought it and talk to them. May have a different pole for you.

Sounds like a pole is too long but not by much.

Best to call Eskimo and ask them