PDA

View Full Version : Boxing day Sale Fishin Hole

Darren N
12-21-2016, 03:24 PM
I haven't seen anything advertised yet but I'm assuming they are having their annual sale on. Unless someone knows differently or could confirm?

RavYak
12-21-2016, 04:30 PM
Yes there will be a wall to wall sale as usual.

LutherDLG
12-21-2016, 04:44 PM
Yes there will be a wall to wall sale as usual.

Do you know if they update the website with the Boxing Day sale items? I'm going to be out of town until that afternoon, but am in the market for a flasher. Not sure if some will be better deals than others or just a general 10% off electronics.

calgarygringo
12-21-2016, 05:05 PM
It is a secret sale so nothing goes up until just before. Keep in mind not much profit n electronics so 10 points is considered decent on most items. Look for rebates from the mfg right now as a few are offering additional savings. You could double dip.

RavYak
12-21-2016, 06:34 PM
Do you know if they update the website with the Boxing Day sale items? I'm going to be out of town until that afternoon, but am in the market for a flasher. Not sure if some will be better deals than others or just a general 10% off electronics.

I don't believe they do. Wall to wall sale is usually 25% off most items, the odd 40-50% item and bigger items with less mark up like electronics, augers, tents etc are usually around 10-15%.

More then 10-15% off electronics is very rare anywhere unless it is a clearance item. I doubt there will be any deals better then the current sale price on the Marcum LX-3TCi's. They are $100 off right now which is ~16% off.

Lowrance Hook ice units currently have a $50 rebate going on and the Humminbird Helix 5 ice units are on sale for $50 off.

dodger
12-21-2016, 07:32 PM
Bought a sonar 2 years back and it was 10% off. Wasn't worth the wait and crowd so now I just buy what I need.

Dodger.

SamSteele
12-21-2016, 08:20 PM

Humminbird Ice units were on sale at Can Tire last time I looked, and there's a rebate on them from Humminbird too.

SS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calgarygringo
12-21-2016, 08:49 PM
Changes coming to the Hbirds so there are incentives from the dealers and the factory to make sure all the old stock is gone. Do some homework as I have noticed some store incentives better than others on the old Helix units. Do some online research.

Willowtrail
12-21-2016, 11:25 PM
I don't believe they do. Wall to wall sale is usually 25% off most items, the odd 40-50% item and bigger items with less mark up like electronics, augers, tents etc are usually around 10-15%.

More then 10-15% off electronics is very rare anywhere unless it is a clearance item. I doubt there will be any deals better then the current sale price on the Marcum LX-3TCi's. They are $100 off right now which is ~16% off.

Lowrance Hook ice units currently have a $50 rebate going on and the Humminbird Helix 5 ice units are on sale for $50 off.

Wall to wall sale is 20-50% off but that's at the end of August.

This sale is the Boxing Day sale so stuff is normally individually priced. Always some good deals. Not sure if everything is minimum 10% off or not. Can't remember. In need of fishing, finally going tomorrow

RavYak
12-22-2016, 12:08 AM
Wall to wall sale is 20-50% off but that's at the end of August.

This sale is the Boxing Day sale so stuff is normally individually priced. Always some good deals. Not sure if everything is minimum 10% off or not. Can't remember. In need of fishing, finally going tomorrow

It is the same idea as the wall to wall sale, not sure on amounts though.

Some of the Christmas sale deals right now are probably as good or potentially better then boxing day sales.

LutherDLG
12-24-2016, 03:28 PM

Yeah, that's a good point - I was looking at that LX3 the other day. Thanks for the tip. I really do like the big face on the Humminbird's though. A flasher for me this year is more a "nice to have" so if I don't find a good boxing day deal it won't be the end of the world if I have to wait until next season. Thanks again.

LutherDLG
12-24-2016, 03:29 PM
Humminbird Ice units were on sale at Can Tire last time I looked, and there's a rebate on them from Humminbird too.

SS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I missed it! I looked yesterday and all the open water units had huge discounts, but not the ICE models. I'm going to look around on Boxing Day though. Thanks!

idaman
12-24-2016, 05:59 PM
Maybe I missed it! I looked yesterday and all the open water units had huge discounts, but not the ICE models. I'm going to look around on Boxing Day though. Thanks!

Up to 50% off everything in store, same as every year.