PDA

View Full Version : crooked lake

fishhard
12-24-2016, 04:06 PM
merry Christmas all!
I am going to be in the Athabasca area for a few days and was wondering if this lake was worth giving a try?
Also is Ghost,Jenkins or Lawerence lakes worth a try?
Please PM me if you have any information.

Thank You.

fishunter77
12-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Crooked was good in the 90"s. Tried it 5 years ago and could not see a perch bigger that 4 inches. Pike would be around 3lbs and under.

Lots of small pike then that were easy to catch. Not to sure what happened to the perch that were around 10-12 inches 20 years ago. The lake is not very deep and seemed to have a 3-4 year cycle where you could catch perch.

Baptiste used to be good as well. If crooked was not producing I could jump to Baptiste and get some 10lb + pike and a few nice perch. Another Ab lake that was overfished. I remember seeing a few tailgates full of 15-20lb pike that were caught then. Seems like very few people released the big guys and it has never recovered.:sign0176:

astepanuk
12-26-2016, 07:09 AM
Fishing has started out to be very in the area from what I've noticed. I fished Lower Chain a few days with minimal success. I tried crooked the other day for a few hours from 5-20 FOW with no success never marked a fish or even seen one on the camera. I tried ghost last year with no success.

catnthehat
12-26-2016, 07:25 AM
Jeepers doesn't sound good for the area this year Andrew! How is the leg holding up?
Cat

SKSniper
12-26-2016, 07:36 AM
I fished Crooked last year, caught a few hammer handle pike. Tried ghost and Jenkins as well, just a few hammer handles at both. Pretty pathetic fishing imo

astepanuk
12-26-2016, 08:08 AM
Jeepers doesn't sound good for the area this year Andrew! How is the leg holding up?
Cat

It's alright cast is off staples removed just trying to take it easy now. Thinking of trying Lawrence lake in a couple days

fishhard
12-26-2016, 12:37 PM
Thank You for the replies.It is really sad the state of our fisheries have become.

Jperepeletza
12-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Ghost lake I had a little bit
Of success last year on some perch and a few jacks

astepanuk
12-26-2016, 01:08 PM
Fishhard send me a message if you wanna team up. I live on Baptiste lake but willing to fish anywhere.

Tikka Hunter
12-29-2016, 09:22 AM
I fished Island on the 27th, good ice, people driving on. Jacks were biting, 70 cm was the largest we caught. Perch were fussy as usual.

Fished Jenkins on the 28th has less ice maybe 12 inches. We walked on, fishing was real slow, a few small jacks.

Great to be out and enjoy outdoors,