PDA

View Full Version : Shed Horn Hunting

Bean
03-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Just wonderin if anyone has found any sheds yet? I know we had some by this time last year. Ive been watching three Whitetail bucks in particular the smallest of which is in that 145 range, and am completly shocked that they still have their horns. They spar everytime I see them and still havent knocked an antler off yet.

P.S. if you have found some this year post them. A little progress will keep the fire burning. Dont want to lose interest with some big sheds out there.

shed horn hunting
03-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Found 5 yesterday afternoon in a small isolated corner of bush, probably fifty feet by fifty feet. Two spikes, a couple of small 4 pointers and a really nice 5 pointer, but no matches. Will be back out Monday and know where I am going in November.
Roger

Grizzly Adams
03-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Was planning on hitting the neighbors woods last Sunday, but some guy came knocking on my door, looking to work our land, mostly pasture. He had all ready been next door:evil and had found a decent set, but there are at least three decent bucks showing up in my field, still wearing theirs.
Grizz

gunslinger
03-10-2007, 12:52 PM
yea i couldnt belive it when i seen a bull elk the other day stil sporting his rack too, shoudl be gone by now.

nube
03-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Elk won't lose them for a while yet. I saw a few bulls in the middle of April when I was Grizz hunting that still carried.

jrs
03-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I saw a two mulies still wearing full head gear this afternoon. Seems a bit late, a forker and a 3X3or4.

huntercam
03-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Never gone out looking to lazy :rolleyes i guess but as i get a little older the winter exercise won't hurt I have been told around hay stacks and on thr edge of the same fields we hunt in?

Buckwheat
03-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Anyone picking up more bone?

packhuntr
03-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Went out the other day for a few hrs. No snow. Hit pure gold. Matched set, w/t, 3by3, about 100 inch. What a rush.... But its the first ones for me so far. Cant wait to get out there again!!

buckshoot
03-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I found seven so far, one decent one and a the rest were little ones. Funny part is they are all right sides