PDA

View Full Version : Can you drive to the narrows on Slave?

Whitecourt_Rider
12-26-2016, 04:31 PM
Anyone have some intel on how thick the ice is on where they been on Slave Lake?

Thanks

3blade
12-26-2016, 05:00 PM
No. at any time, any year, ever.

I have personally seen 37 measured inches of ice at joussard and 4 at the narrows on the same day.

Narrows at slave and train trestle at wab are two places you should not ever consider driving any vehicle. Take a sled along the shore and walk out, drilling holes as you go out. Can't overstate how dangerous that place is

jrmoyan
12-26-2016, 09:36 PM
Have you been out on slave this year 3 blade?

sns2
12-27-2016, 10:38 PM
No. at any time, any year, ever.

I have personally seen 37 measured inches of ice at joussard and 4 at the narrows on the same day.

Narrows at slave and train trestle at wab are two places you should not ever consider driving any vehicle. Take a sled along the shore and walk out, drilling holes as you go out. Can't overstate how dangerous that place is

Each to his own.

We were there today. Between 16-20 everywhere. Guys were driving everywhere, even pulling shacks on. We didn't but will next time out.

jrmoyan
12-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Ya was out there today also diesels driving everywhere

3blade
12-28-2016, 11:53 AM
Each to his own.

We were there today. Between 16-20 everywhere. Guys were driving everywhere, even pulling shacks on. We didn't but will next time out.

I nearly learned the hard way. When i realized i just drove on 4-5 inches of ice and there was no good reason for my presence on this earth beyond divine intervention...it smartened me up a fair bit. Walking will do for me. As you say, to each his own.

How was the fishing?

sns2
12-28-2016, 11:59 AM
Pretty good. Nine guys. We got out at 10:30. Fish sporadically all day. Bite started at 4:30, but by then we only needed two more keepers. A nice day for sure.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk