PDA

View Full Version : Ghost lake

Macdrizzle
12-29-2016, 01:36 PM
Anyone have any ice updates for ghost lake west of Calgary? Is it drivable with an SUV? I know ghost has a history of sinking vehicles...

C & C
12-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Anyone have any ice updates for ghost lake west of Calgary? Is it drivable with an SUV? I know ghost has a history of sinking vehicles...

The bold part should be a good indication that no matter what anyone says here and are doing when you get there you should drill some holes and test it. Know the weight of your SUV and how much ice is needed to safely support it. These can I drive on lake X threads....:angry3:

Its a deep lake and if you go through fast it might no be a great outcome. I have walked on twice this year, I will also never drive on ghost with a truck/SUV/Car

chappy2009
12-29-2016, 02:58 PM
Was out there this morning. Ice is 12" thick and solid. I drove my Grande Caravan out there no problem, lots of others in heavier vehicles as well. Caught our first laker today. Tough lake!

Brandon5555
12-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Ice is good just drive around the west side of the island. Not a good idea as I found out 2 nights ago

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

chappy2009
01-07-2017, 08:55 PM
So, after catching our first ever Laker on Ghost last week, my son and I headed back out today. Our spot was occupied by a bunch of cars racing around and getting stuck in the snow, so we headed to the Ghost River side of the bridge. Gets super deep, quick. No bites.