PDA

View Full Version : Mr heaters on sale at canadian tire and cabelas

Flieguy
12-29-2016, 01:45 PM
$111.99 for the portable buddy at both and $87 for the small one. I picked one up for my dad and I might have to go back for another for myself!

H2hammy
12-29-2016, 02:49 PM
I would suggest the hose kit and a 5lb bottle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishingforjoy
12-29-2016, 06:10 PM
Wholesale Sport has 40% off all the heaters. lots cheaper than Canadian Tire.

Portable Buddy Heater only $83.99

Shekka
12-29-2016, 06:25 PM

Yep! I picked one up on Boxing Day. Got the big buddy heater for 113. Best deal I could source out for it!

Sitkaspruce
12-29-2016, 09:03 PM

Ditto, picked the same one up along with the hose. Now to find the 10 lb. bottle. Both the South Edmonton WSS and Grande Prairie WSS had lots left as of today.

Cheers

SS

tacomama
12-30-2016, 04:07 PM
Looks like WS in Calgary is out of stock, so I bought mine in Cambodian tire and they price matched :sHa_shakeshout:

JohninAB
12-31-2016, 04:24 AM
I picked up a Big Buddy at CT in Spruce Grove. They price matched Wholesale Sports plus I got $12 in CT money. Could not argue with that.

Mike_W
12-31-2016, 10:59 AM
Where can a guy find a 5 lb bottle for under $80?

Shekka
12-31-2016, 11:05 AM
Where can a guy find a 5 lb bottle for under $80?

Canadian tire lists them for $49.99, but all the ones near me don't have stock. Lol

Mayhem
12-31-2016, 03:29 PM
I picked up a Big Buddy at CT in Spruce Grove. They price matched Wholesale Sports plus I got $12 in CT money. Could not argue with that.

Thanks for the tip, exactly what I did.

nube
12-31-2016, 04:03 PM
Please do not support Canadian Tire!!!!
http://www.truthaboutfur.com/blog/time-send-message-canadian-tire/

Lambo
12-31-2016, 05:17 PM
Looks like WS in Calgary is out of stock, so I bought mine in Cambodian tire and they price matched :sHa_shakeshout:

Cambodian tire? What are you trying to say?

Marty S
01-01-2017, 07:24 AM
Yup, we ask all sportsmen and ladies to boycott Canadian Tire and to let them know why. So many of us have bought guns and ammo from to go out and shoot coyotes, and they turn around and make a strong statement that they and their affiliate stores are anti-fur???

I'm quite sure they sell predator calls... all them coyotes that get shot with their goodies get skinned by someone, the odd guy doesnt but whatever.

Please join us, Bass Pro, Cabelas, Wholesale Sports need our business worse! At least they like us!

TylerThomson
01-01-2017, 07:55 AM
I literally did 30 seconds of googling and this is simply not true. It's even debunked in the comments section of the blog you posted. But go right ahead and jump on the band wagon. I'll still be shopping at canadian tire.

Did you even bother to call or shoot them an email before supporting the boycott?

It must be true though if you read it on the Internet.

blgoodbrand1
01-01-2017, 08:01 AM
I literally did 30 seconds of googling and this is simply not true. It's even debunked in the comments section of the blog you posted. But go right ahead and jump on the band wagon. I'll still be shopping at canadian tire.

Did you even bother to call or shoot them an email before supporting the boycott?

It must be true though if you read it on the Internet.

Actually your wrong. But nice try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerThomson
01-01-2017, 08:08 AM
Please then show me the press release, or policy change announcement or any source that proves the claim that wasn't put out by Peta themselves.

TylerThomson
01-01-2017, 08:19 AM
http://thefurbearers.com/blog/christmas-comes-early-canadian-tire-subsidiaries-dropping-fur

That is a link to a site against the killing of fur bearing animals. Go read the actual response they got from Canadian tire and it's subsidiaries.

Atmosphere and sport check. Atmosphere says they are not fur free yet. And short check says they have no plans to purchase any more fur lined products.

Maybe just maybe this is based on what those specific stores clientele wants and is interested in purchasing. Maybe those two stores, even though they are under the umbrella of the Canadian tire corporation, aren't selling fur based on an ethical standpoint but instead are catering to their customers wants. No where can you find a statement saying that any of those stores is anti fur. Maybe just maybe Peta jumped on this and blew it out of proportion to further their own goals. Nah, Peta would never do something like that. It's much more likely that CT is purposefully alienating a large portion of its customer base to cater to a group of people who most likely would never set foot in their stores.

Genius.

huntsfurfish
01-01-2017, 12:17 PM
Wow that was a big d rail.:)

Fur issue here:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=310269

covey ridge
01-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Unless the tire comes out with a public statement opposing guns, hunting or trapping, I will be a customer. Although I think they could do better in their gun department I am happy that they are selling firearms and ammunition.
I like their flyer sales and shop the High River and Okotoks Store on a regular basis. Boycott? Not!

TylerThomson
01-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Wow that was a big d rail.:)

Fur issue here:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=310269
So you post a forum link that links back to the truth about fur which links back to Peta. Like I said show me something. Anything that points to Canadian tire anti fur. They aren't. Period.

Reminds me of a story about chicken little and the falling sky.

huntsfurfish
01-01-2017, 05:07 PM
So you post a forum link that links back to the truth about fur which links back to Peta. Like I said show me something. Anything that points to Canadian tire anti fur. They aren't. Period.

Reminds me of a story about chicken little and the falling sky.

Not sure what your problem is? This thread was about Mr heaters on sale at Canadian Tire and Cabelas! Not about fur trade! Thats why I posted the link to a thread about Canadian Tire. And I will shop where I choose.:)

TylerThomson
01-01-2017, 07:16 PM
I want the one who suggested boycotting CT in the thread I simply refuted the claim. Disinformation doesn't do anyone any good. I never suggested where you should and should not shop but you and a few others did based on false claims.

Coulee
01-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Before the invention of the "Internet" which was, by the way, invented by a man named Al Gore, we all had to rely on a thing called common sense.

Canadian Tire sells guns, ammo, fishing everything, licenses for hunting and fishing, knives, powder...I could go on. So I'm thinking they support us. Common sense tells me so and I don't need the internet to tell me that.

BTW, don't forget to click on the sponsor ads at the top of the page so this magazine can afford to keep running this site.

covey ridge
01-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Before the invention of the "Internet" which was, by the way, invented by a man named Al Gore, we all had to rely on a thing called common sense.

Canadian Tire sells guns, ammo, fishing everything, licenses for hunting and fishing, knives, powder...I could go on. So I'm thinking they support us. Common sense tells me so and I don't need the internet to tell me that.
BTW, don't forget to click on the sponsor ads at the top of the page so this magazine can afford to keep running this site.

Like:)