PDA

View Full Version : Kicking Off 2017

waterninja
01-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Fellow AO member Yee Haw and myself kicked off the New Year in fine fashion today. We managed about 15 nice Bow's and kept a few each. The fish are looking healthy and are getting big. Largest one we caught was a hefty 22 incher.
It was a beautiful day to be on the ice though the wind had a real bite to it for awhile. One sight I'll not soon forget was watching Yee Haw do the 100 yd dash when a bell went off. Lol 129315http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/774fe5bc2b2cd0bc87779a89c953bf76.pnghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/6293cefe87e0d549fb886808f1681f92.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trout_er
01-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Very nice. Where was this?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

flyguyd
01-01-2017, 09:39 PM

Looks alot like Lake X :thinking-006: :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Willowtrail
01-01-2017, 10:04 PM
I can just imagine Yeehaw running like the wind. I wish you had a video. He sent me some pics and looks like you guys had an awesome day.

wildwoods
01-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Looks alot like Lake X :thinking-006: :sHa_sarcasticlol:

That's about right. Next to zipperlip creek.

Great day Ernest. Nothing like a scrap with a few 'Bows

1bluZebec
01-02-2017, 07:47 PM
AWESOME job guys great pics thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EZM
01-03-2017, 02:07 PM

This site has a "don't ask and don't tell" policy.

I assume you could appreciate the fact that these threads are read by hundreds (if not thousands) of people ....... many of these readers would be packed up and on that lake the following week to take home some fish.

And then they brag to their friends, or post the location and before you know it .....

Another lake bites the dust.

Oh, and if you are wondering if sending PM (private message) to ask works any better .... trust me to tell you ..... anytime you post a decent catch on here you are greeted by many new friends leaving you PM's in your inbox.

I think the don't ask and don't tell policy is a good one - as I don't mind putting in the time to find those good spots - but also cry when I see them ruined by a post or two which gives the location.

Nothing sucks worse. Seen it twice now on lakes where I fish .... or used to fish

Trout_er
01-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Emz. Thanks for making that clear. I will follow it from now on. You make very common sense points there.

linger
01-03-2017, 04:57 PM
EZM has a very good point. i know a small perch lake not far from here that was pretty quiet until these forums came along.:mad0100: now alot of these guys want to know were good lakes are instead of doing the leg work like we have done.

huntsfurfish
01-03-2017, 05:30 PM
This site has a "don't ask and don't tell" policy.

I assume you could appreciate the fact that these threads are read by hundreds (if not thousands) of people ....... many of these readers would be packed up and on that lake the following week to take home some fish.

And then they brag to their friends, or post the location and before you know it .....

Another lake bites the dust.

Oh, and if you are wondering if sending PM (private message) to ask works any better .... trust me to tell you ..... anytime you post a decent catch on here you are greeted by many new friends leaving you PM's in your inbox.

I think the don't ask and don't tell policy is a good one - as I don't mind putting in the time to find those good spots - but also cry when I see them ruined by a post or two which gives the location.

Nothing sucks worse. Seen it twice now on lakes where I fish .... or used to fish

Well said and agree!:)