PDA

View Full Version : Stoney (Siler) Lake to Zero Retention

338Bluff
01-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Heard rumors so I called F&W in St. Paul and confirmed that something is in the works to put signage up at the lake and on line. There was a partial summer kill there this summer. So heads up if you head that way. Given the animosity towards current fishery strategy in that neck of the woods I wonder if someone is going to have to drive out every Monday and put up a new sign for the rest of the winter. From what I heard they have been catching fish recently and this will come as a surprise to some. If details can get confirmed by someone from F&W perhaps should be a sticky?

huntingaddict
01-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Collapsed fisheries summer kill and out of towers destroyed the perch population. I quess 50 person a day average for 5 months a year isn't sustainable. Shouldn't there be quotas for recreational fishermen tightlines all

waterninja
01-04-2017, 07:23 PM
I thought it had been closed since that terrible "die off" in the summer. There were threads about it on this forum.

PerchBuster
01-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Collapsed fisheries summer kill and out of towers destroyed the perch population. I quess 50 person a day average for 5 months a year isn't sustainable. Shouldn't there be quotas for recreational fishermen tightlines all

Personally I have never fished that lake before but I do sympathize with those that have. Never like hearing about troubled fisheries. I do however find the term "out of towners" rather disappointing and offensive on this forum. I am Canadian, born and raised. Where I come from is of nobody else's concern. Neither is where I am going. The whole country is my home. I fish coast to coast, border to border without prejudice. I am a steward of our waters wherever that may take me. The lake is no more yours than it is mine or anyone else's.

huntingaddict
01-04-2017, 09:49 PM
I'm a local never fish it to busy I go off to sask I only.visit a lake once or twice a year to many to lakes to fish. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings steward Canada's to big to sit on one lake. Tightlines