PDA

View Full Version : Did you grow up on drunken Valley in the 90's

Musk e
01-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Just seeing if anyone here spent there formative years in d.v in the 90's.
Mostly at the place and the point on weekends and summer nights.

bb356
01-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Didn't grow up there ... but lived there for a year ... 93- 94 ... kicked a few back at the vd hotel .

Smokinyotes
01-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Westwinds, black gold, and peelers at the old hotel. Would have been lots of memories if i wasnt so darn drunk.

Dick284
01-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Rolled into DV in March of '91.
Can't say those would have been my formidable years, as I had already embarked on a career.

hayseed
01-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Yep sure did, took a transfer and moved to lacombe in '99.

Still have my side an the wife's side there though.

I would move back in a heartbeat,and probably will someday, I have a quarter back there, I love that country...

bubba300
01-07-2017, 07:52 AM
I had a brother that lived there.
I lived and worked there for Parkland Operations in the early to mid 80"s.
Usally stopped in Cynthia,Lodgepole or Tomahawk Bars.
As for town it was the old bar downtown and Black Gold I think it was called.

Dacotensis
01-07-2017, 10:56 AM
I still have family there.

Went to many a wedding, funeral and Christmas gathering there over the years.

When I was a young kid, dad worked in dv at JC machine an welding during the week and came home on weekends.

The town has a place in the fabric of my memory.

Bear Ballz
01-07-2017, 11:58 AM
just seeing if anyone here spent there formative years in d.v in the 90's.
Mostly at the place and the point on weekends and summer nights.

👍🏻👍🏻

Musk e
01-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Is this the real bear ballz otherwise known as Russel?
One of the many colorful nicknames guys had.
Few more I recall.
Porch monkey
Jizz bucket
Piggy
Swervin
Happy
Walnut
Jesus of cottonwood
Among other

Musk e
01-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Half the reason I started this thread is because I was talking with a old friend and can not for the life of us remember the name of that axillary r.c.m.p officer who owned the only muffler shop at the time that used to sell loud exhaust to all the young guys then him and his partner would pull them over shortly after for loud exhaust and write em up a warning so they had to go back to his shop and buy quiter exhaust off him?
But don't worry he would give you a "deal" second time around.
Anyone recall who he was?

hayseed
01-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Only cop I remember from DV was Steve Murray....

Tried to avoid them.. Lol..

Musk e
01-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Yep sure did, took a transfer and moved to lacombe in '99.

Still have my side an the wife's side there though.

I would move back in a heartbeat,and probably will someday, I have a quarter back there, I love that country...

Ya it was a great place to grow up for the most part back then.
I try to make it back for at least a couple days every fall to hunt with friends just not the same town it used to be unfortunately.

pjsdv
01-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Melvin moltzan is who your talking about

Musk e
01-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Yep that name sounds vaguely familiar.
Got you to did he? Lol

Bear Ballz
01-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Melvin moltzan is who your talking about
Yup it was Mel. Put a set of blue bottles on my '79 lariat

Neil Waugh
01-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Al "Poncho" Miles was the police chief during my growing up.
Walt's Billiards and Henry Breniski's legendary One Minute Haircut in the old hotel barber shop. Only cost 50 cents but you never got it twice.
Pete Crow ran the poker game out of his skid shack in the Pembina Parkway trailer court and sold Sunday whisky to our dads.
Lou Matlock always rode his big palomino stud in the rodeo parade and they paid a guy called Frank Rogevene (probably butchered the spelling) under the table to play D for the Rebels.
June ran the dining room which was the only place in town where you could get a combination plate or a T-bone and a drink.
Back then guys in Wednesday evening gun club at the Elks Hall took their .22s to school and stored them in their lockers.
Nobody batted an eye.
The Osborn Brothers at the curling rink when the firemen brought the 'rasslin' to town. Always won with their famous Row Boat move.
Bud and Ray were from Jasper Place but we won't hold that against them.
I'm still wearing the emotional scars from those haircuts.

Rugersingle
01-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Lived there from 90-97, I was working for PetroCanada at the time. Kids were small, 5 and 3, so they had a few formative years there. The infrastructure was not what it is today. West out of town was a gravel road, Cut across between the highways was a gravel road, Lodge Pole to Cynthia was a gravel road...hell... everywhere was a gravel road.
Nowhere near as many acreages as there is today. No big box stores, you did your shopping in the downtown core. Kids had fun at the pool and the arena, school kids used to have a day at the range as part of their Outdoor Ed class. I liked it then....not so much now.
Except when visiting friends :)
And Dick...are you sure "formidable" was the word you were thinking of >>>?:scared0015: