PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing pull sled

carlson
01-07-2017, 11:46 PM
I've got a few ideas of modifying my black pull sled so it's holds everything better. Have any of you ever done this? If so what did you do and do you have any pictures?

Bigdad013
01-07-2017, 11:51 PM
lots of bungee cords

sns2
01-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Pulling it behind the skidoo without a cover is my issue. I'm simply gonna get a tarp, snap grommets, and bungee cords.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

SamSteele
01-08-2017, 09:14 AM
I drilled some small holes all around the top rail of the sled so the bungee cord hooks stay put. That allows you to put them at angles without them sliding and getting loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nast70
01-08-2017, 01:22 PM
I couldn't justify the price of a larger sled to pull behind the snowmobile, so I built my own. 72" long, 32" wide aluminum frame, aluminum hitch and cover.
Now that I have all my gear, the next step will be to frame the inside to hold everything in place when being towed.
It pulls so nice behind the machine, I can pull it by hand easier than some friends factory sleds. It is a bit big for one guy and a couple hours, so I bought the cabelas sled on boxing day for those quick trips without a bunch of gear.
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5872a0b107d32/20151228_142246.jpg?

waterninja
01-08-2017, 01:56 PM
I built mine from 2 Snowboards. Frame sits up high where I strap all my gear onto. Never had an ice sled that was easier to pull, either by hand or with trike.

Game Hunter
01-08-2017, 09:29 PM
Here is the set up I use for a day trip if I do any further distance I use a tarp or a sled cover to protect everything from getting wet
I've been happy with pelican. Although the wider jets led might be better for fitting more equipment.

DiabeticKripple
01-08-2017, 09:40 PM
I drilled 2 one inch holes in the front to be able to put a rope through for pulling, then I drilled a bunch of little holes on the sides so my bungee cords stay out and I can cross them if they are too long

Mike_W
01-09-2017, 09:42 AM
I have an otter magnum and it is wicked! If you are towing it behind a skidoo the biggest issue I had was snow hitting the front of the sled and forcing up and under the front of the travel cover resulting in a snow filled sled.
I had some old 1 inch aluminum bar stock and a few holes and bolts across the front clamping the tarp on permanently stopped that issue!

Sooner
01-09-2017, 02:04 PM
I have an otter magnum and it is wicked! If you are towing it behind a skidoo the biggest issue I had was snow hitting the front of the sled and forcing up and under the front of the travel cover resulting in a snow filled sled.
I had some old 1 inch aluminum bar stock and a few holes and bolts across the front clamping the tarp on permanently stopped that issue!

I have the same sled. I just have a tarp larger that the sled and gear, i let it drape over all edges and use a couple 4 ft bungee cords around the edge/sled. It tucks the tarp into the outside of the sled under the lip, then a couple smaller bungees across the width. Minimal to no snow inside. And it helps keep things inside in case you have to gun it.