PDA

View Full Version : Live Mapping Now Available For Lowrance HDS and Elite Ti

Walleyedude
01-08-2017, 12:19 PM
I saw this posted on another forum and thought I'd share it here since there's a lot of people that were wanting this option from Lowrance. The great news is that it will be available on the Gen 2 units as well.

My understanding is that similar to the Humminbird Zero Lines card, it will require purchasing a Navionics mapping card and updating your software.

➢ See below for effected units.
➢ Lowrance NOS 56 software update.
➢ Lowrance Units covered are-
• HDS Gen 3 12, 9, 7 Version 4.5
• HDS Gen 2 Touch 12, 9, 7
• HDS Gen 2 12, 9, 7
• Elite Ti version 2.5
• Lowrance Carbon
➢ SonarChart Live data recorded in Lowrance and displayed live on screen.
➢ SonarChart data is not recorded to the hard drive of the sonar, it is recorded to the Navionics card and Navionics card is required. (See below for required cards).
➢ Create High Definition 1’ contours.
➢ Requires a Navionics mapping card with an active chart update subscription (Freshest Data).
➢ Navionics Cards needed-
• Hotmaps Platinum
• Platinum +
• Navionics +
• Navionics + Regions
• Navionics Updates
➢ Data recorded in Lowrance and stored on card is not shared to Navionics.
➢ Genesis / Lowrance nor Navionics gets NO LOGS or Data from Lowrance Plotter/Sonar. Data not shared.
➢ Adjust SonarChart contour density.
➢ Update Navionics Mapping card in Lowrance Plotter via WI fi connection between Mobile device and Plotter.
➢ Download updated charts and transfer routes and markers/waypoints via the innovative Plotter Sync capability of Navionics Boating apps without having to remove the Navionics card.
➢ If you choose to do SonarChart Live and want to update your Navionics SonarChart data on card or mobile device app you have to connect affected Lowrance Units via Wi fi to Navionics Mobile app and do SonarChart Live in the mobile device, which is then uploaded to Navionics and processed into the community SonarChart layer. You then do a Freshest Data update to card or mobile device.
➢ Added functions-
• You can do plotter sync.
• Shallow Water Highlight.
• Depth Highlight.
• Easy View.
• Transparency.
• Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting creates intelligent, detailed routes, even through narrow passages and channels.

RavYak
01-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Nice, with this and the totalscan transducer one of these units would actually work good on my kayak.

Although I have seen some pictures of the new mega side imaging from humminbird and it looks like a big step up.

Decisions, decisions...