PDA

View Full Version : Fishing big island kona guides recommended

opto55
01-08-2017, 11:49 PM
I am Hawaii looking for guides? Anyone help me out?

Esox
01-09-2017, 08:43 AM
http://lepikasportfishing.com/ The best on the Big Island

bsmitty27
01-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Who ever you go with I suggest checking out the lava flow. There is suppose to be tons of lava activity at waters edge right now. I went fishing from PUNA (Hilo side) about 10 years ago when lava was flowing good. Caught lots of fish stopped at lava flow, and fished back. Was one of the most amazing things I've seen.
Brad

laker taker2
01-09-2017, 12:04 PM
I used A'u struck sport fishing in March 2015. He has the best rate for a full day, but not the fanciest boat. it was still great for 4 guys though.
we caught 3 small tuna, 2 Mahi and 3 marlin under 200lbs. It was an EPIC day. We tipped generously that day! Highly recoomed him and he goes out from the main harbor south of the airport. he launches his boat instead of staying in the marina.
WELL worth it if he is available.
Ask him to go to a FAD if the sea's aren't too big.

opto55
01-11-2017, 06:26 PM
Thank you. What is FAD? I booked for next week.

laker taker2
01-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Fish agetatition device. Basically a float and chain to grow a tiny ecosystem put in place by the state. They are mapped and named.
If you get lucky and find anything floating they will fish it. We caught a nice Mahi from a floating chunk of foam!

opto55
01-17-2017, 07:55 PM
Thank you laker taker 2. Just came back from fishing with A'u struck. I highly recommend this charter. Great fishermen! His name is Rich and Walter is his deck hand. Lots of laughs. Hooked one bill fish but lost it. Got a dozen small tuna and are cooking them tonite. You cannot go wrong with this guide. He has a website so google him to make arrangements.😀👍